cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use Sender mail adapter sycnhronously I mean to send the repsonse back as email using sender mail adapter...?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is it possible to use Sender mail adapter sycnhronously I mean to send the repsonse back as email using sender mail adapter.

well yes and no

as e-mail exchange is not sync anyway I assume you'd like to have a scenario like

e-mail server - PI - some sync interface (like RFC or sync proxy) - e-mail back to the server

is that the case ?

if so you don't need a sync sender mail adapter as you can take care of that using beans decribed here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Using+Request+Response+Bean+Module+in+FILE+Adapter

you just need to replace file adapter with mail adapter and you're done

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking for synchronous mode feature for mail adapter similar to adapters like SOAP, RFC then the answer is NO. If you need to use between two systems and send the response back then you have to implement the way Michal has explained above. This way you dont need to use ccbpm.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baskar,

>>>If you are looking for synchronous mode feature for mail adapter similar to adapters like SOAP, RFC

e-mail servers do not work like that - so I don't think he meant that .... but I might be wrong

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Your predictions & problem analysis would certainly not go Wrong.. I might be wrong   . I think Kiran wants to know how to implement the mail adapter synchronously using better approach.

Regards

Baskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar & Michal ,

My scenario is acutally Mail - > Synchronus Proxy where proxy sends the response back to PI which I have to send to same email server uisng Sender Mail Adapter. So want to know whether is it possible with Sender mail adapter using RequestRepsonse Beans.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>So want to know whether is it possible with Sender mail adapter using RequestRepsonse Beans.

if you can use SOAP adapter (XI 3.0 protocol) than it should be possible - but I've never tried it to be honest

give it a try if you have SOAP adapter XI 3.0 protocol

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few cents...Technically, It should be possible. If your version is 7.1 and lower then you might want to use RFC instead of proxy and try as  mail - RFC - mail. Also please share your results here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I tried RequestResponse bean in My sender Mail Adapter to make the scenario Mail->Proxy->Mail without BPM to work synchroously and it worked perfectly.

I can receive mails from Proxy response. Thanks guys for your help.

Thanks,

Kiran

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

glad that it works

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No mail adapter supports asynchronous mode only.

As you know , sender mail adapter is used for collecting mails from the mail server. Receiver adapter is the one  used for sending mails.