cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Date and Qty Flag and Complete Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently started using the Fixed Date and Qty flag on sales orders to send requirments.  But didn't know before hand that it would ignore Complete Delivery flag on the sales orders, and also show some orders not to show as open orders on VA05.

Anyone know how to have the Complete Delivery flag work while the schedule line is checked for Fixed Date and Qty?  Also how to get them to show on VA05?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Fix date and Qty flag can be set on the 'Delivery Proposal' screen.  This will make the system accept the current confirmed quantity, even it's zero available, and the delivery off of the other items will complete the order. The flag can be set manually at order entry time when the 'delivery proposal' screen is issued.

The completion rule should only be entered in item categories which are used for inquiries, customer quotations or contracts.With the completion rule, for example, you can determine that a customer quotation is completed only when its quantity has been completely transferred to subsequent documents.

For this item the flag "Fixed date and qty" is on (VBAP-FXMNG = 'X'). That means your customer agrees to the result of the availibility check - also if the result is 0. Therefore, The complete delivery indicator more "binding" than the fixed quantity indicator.  and in  Va05, the order status may be changed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, there's no problem to use both settings (flag "fixed date and qty") and flag "complete delivery", as the function of the two settings are different:

Flag "fixed date and qty" is one the parameter that you can set by default (in customizing of availability check rule) for a sales area documents or, manually, only for items you decide to set with this flag. The main consequences if you choose to set this flag are:

1) In MD04 you see requirements with confirmed data, and not for data required by the customer

2) If you use program like rescheduling (V_V2 transaction), item fixed are not taken into consideration for confirmation of quantities

3) If you have an availability rule that, in some cases, not confirm the item quantity for a date, you risk to "fix" some items without any confirmation and this doesn't allow you to create delivery

"Complete delivery" flag is used to assure that you can create delivery only if all quantities of all items in your sales order are completely confirmed and available in stock. If the items of your sales order are confirmed in different dates, normally the system set the last one to all the items, as to assure creation of one delivery in the date in which all items will be available (considering availability rule you are using).

I hope these information are useful.

Regards,

Gianpaolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I understand how both work individually.  But my issue is when Fixed Date and Qty is set, the complete delivery is ignored.  I understand that fixed date says that the customer accepts the confirmed quantity.  Example I have 100 on order 64 confirmed but I have complete delivery checked.  But it still delivers 64, do you know where in config that I can prevent this?

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Example I have 100 on order 64 confirmed but I have complete delivery checked.  But it still delivers 64,

Since the Fixed date/Qty is selected...the item will be considered complete even if not delivered completely (partial quantity). This balance quantity will not be treated as open quantity. This is my understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is my understanding as well, so is it safe to assume that you don't know of a work around?  I have been searching but haven't found one yet if there is one.

Thanks for your reply

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can we have a work around...when system is asked to consider Fixed Date/Qty despite of partial delivery...and again looking for a Complete delivery? Is it logical?

If you feel yes...you can check the possibility of handling it through a suitable Userexit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answer makes since, and I understand the systems behaviour, had to ask because we have users that want it both ways.

Thanks for your help.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the users want both...when partial quantity is confirmed because of fixed date/qty option...the userexit should change the order quantity on the line item equal to this quantity and keep the complete delivery option active. The enhancement can go with a logic something like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But changing the order quantity to 64 in the example doesn't complete the customers requested quantity of 100.  So essentially your logic is not completely delivering the customer original qty.  In my examle the 64 is confiriming against actual stock, so the 36 doesn't have any purchase req to confirm against.  Does that make any sense.

Again thanks for your help.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

can you please explain what is the "Fixed Date and Qty flag on sales orders" ?

or provide a screenshot.

thank you.

regards,