Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in adapter Module of file adapter

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Its is File to File Scenario.

Where the trigger file in sender side is responsible to pick up the actual content file.

To achieve this solution, we have written a adapter module. But i ma getting an error in the java code. as below:

File processing failed with sun.net.ftp.FtpProtocolException: Error reading FTP pending reply

Any inputs on why his would be coming  is very helpful.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please check the FTP library provider forums first

2. Why did you do an adapter module for FTP if the FTP adapter is there in standard and works with most advanced configuration ideas

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Since my requirement did not got satisfy in standard way, so i had to write Module.

Let me know if you can suggest something else in the below scenario.

1) File to File scenario.

2) ABC.ok file is the trigger file ( without content ) . When this file gets available on R/3 unix directory, pick up the ABC file (with content ) and move it to 3rd party FTP server.

3) Any FTP script cannot be used to satisfy this requirement ( instruction by business ).

4) NFS  protocol cant be used . If  i try to mount, then it will affect other existing file interfaces

@ Ravi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can search online for this error ftp pending message.  You can see the below link about the similar issue.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t148422-sun-net-ftp-ftpprotocolexception-error-reading-ftp-pen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Please check question4 in the below link. It should solve your problem without adapter module.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Sender+File+Adapter+Frequently+Asked+Questions

Regards,

Veerendra.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veerendra,

My scenario is for FTP protocol and not for NFS protocol. So i have written the Adapter module .

But the adapter module is giving the deletion error.

Regards,

Ravi