cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Singleton Node and Supply function combination (Confusion)

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a context node CARRIER NODE(Cardinality 0 to N) as parent node and CONNECTION_NODE(Cardinality 0 to N ,singleton property is enabled, and supply function is created) as child node of CARRIER_NODE..

I created 2 tables in the view, one is binding to CARRIER_NODE(Data displayed from SCARR table) and other is binded to CONNECTIONS_NODE. i am expecting when i select a record in upper table(CARRIER_NODE), associated entries should be displayed in below table(CONNECTION_NODE).

I understand singleton property is designed as below -

Singleton Property -

If the property "Singleton" is set, exactly one instance of the node exists. Its content changes when the lead selection of the parent node changes.

If the property "Singleton" is not set, one instance per parent instance exists. The content of the instances does not change when the lead selection of the parent changes.

I tried removing the Singleton property for child node(CONNECTION_NODE) and executed the application.

I do not find any difference between execution when singleton property is enabled (set) and when singleton property is disabled .

Kindly clear my confusion. To confirm the behaviour of Singleton property behaviour i have practcally created a component and executed. But i do not find any difference when set and when not set.

If anybody have document with practical scenario explaiend, please share. I would like to see the real purpose of singleton property.

I heard and read from the internet, singleton property is used when tree table is used or above scenario which i explained above. But i achieved both the concepts (tree table and above scenario) without singleton property. That is why i would like to see the real importance of it.

Regards,

Bahrath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

This reply is late coming, but here is a document gives a real-world example of using supply functions with singleton nodes and may be helpful to you.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member197870
Participant
0 Kudos

Amy you are giving a document help link of sap.

I invite a single member from sap community who ever gained a single help from documentation quality that is offered by sap.