Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS to AUC settlement

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are going to settle a WBS element, system throws an error "First settle items from previous year in previous year 2011: 400751376/001" message no. AW624. The obvious reason is there are some amount in the WBS which was not settled in the previous year. If we change this error message to warning then system will allow us to settle it in the current fiscal year.

But the problem is business do not want to settle the previous year cost, they only want to settle the current year cost. Is it possible to settle only the current fiscal year cost?

With Regards,

Soubhagya Rout

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You cannot avoid this, because the WBS element is having investment profile, hence the costs have to be settled to AUC only.

for settling these 2011 wbs costs, please mention in settlement rule from & to year/period (current period / open period)

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ediga,

Thanks for the reply. But the settlement rule is auto created by the system if I manually set the settlement rule then will the system take this on priority.

Another thing is that will I be able to delete that settlement rule later on?

Let me check this one in sand box and then I'll get back to you.

With Regards,

Soubhagya

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Soubhagya,

Yes, system automatically creates settlement rule after Release of WBS element.

you can also set settlement rule manually through CJ02 or CJ20N.

Once the settlement done for WBS element through CJ8G or CJ88, you cannot deleted the settlement rule, but you delete settlement rule, provided you have reversed the cj88 settlement.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ediga,

As per your instruction when I'm going to create settlement rule, system throws error "you cannot post to asset (investment support measure)" message no. aa311.

I 'm creating settlement rule with settlement type FUL rather than AUC as the AUC option is not available there in the list. Only FUL& PER options are avilable.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Soubhagya,

I am sorry i am wrong, you need not create new settlement rule in case you want to settlement of costs to AUC. In case of settlement from AUC to Final Asset you have to create new settlement rule at cj02.

for your issue, ie.WBS costs in 2011 fiscal year, u have to settled manually through cj88 by giving right parameters at the following screen, accordingly the costs were lying in 2011 will be settled to AUC

Settlement period (current period) and posting period will be costs of WBS element posting period

& fiscal year 2012.

Run test run and you will know the costs 2011 wbs to AUC.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ediga,

Its OK. But here the scenario is different, we don't want to settle the previous cost neither in current fiscal year nor in previous fiscal year. We want to settle only the cost incurred in the current fiscal year though there is some amount lying to settle in the previous year.

Here I need some suggestion, how can I settle only the current year cost only?

Thanks,

Soubhagya

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Soubhagya,

Until & unless you settlement the old wbs costs into AUC, you cannot settle current year costs, because I have already indicated based on the Investment profile attached to WBS element, costs of WBS elements are settlement to AUC, or Cost Centre or GL Account, etc.,

Also you can check KB11N with the help of FI consultant so that you get some clue on settlement of previous year costs of WBS element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

What ediga has said is right.

What I suggest is that you can use period 13 for settlement. Consult Finance authority.

However I want to suggest you other way Please try.It may solve your problem-

1. Create one new wbs element.Transfer all the cost from  from old wbs to

new wbs by KB11N with ref to G/L account.Now u can settle

the new wbs element for current period.Make this your last option.

Regards,

Pranav

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I'm well aware of that, you can get that from my 1st post. What you have mentioned, currently we are following this but its a very tedious job as there around 300-400 WBS elements are there and 100 running projects. We are seeking for an easier way to solve this.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

Try my pointed solution specified in second half of post.

Regards,

Pranav

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I was talking about your 2nd solution. However my problem is solved. Actually they have posted revenue in the previous year, the reason why they did not want to settle it. But they want to settle every thing in current year and later at the time of final settlement we will settle the previous amount in revenue G/L.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

So how did you get to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Josef

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

Our case was bit different, earlier the business does not want to settle the previous year cost but later they agreed to settle the previous cost to current fiscal year. So I changed the error message to warning message and settle all the previous cost in the current fiscal year.

But I don't know about your case, if you can please elaborate your case then only one can suggest you the solution.

With Regards,

Soubhagya Rout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

My case is the same as yours. Could you bring me through on how to change the error message to just a warning message?

Thanks,

Josef

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

You can do that through OBA5. There enter area i.e. AW for error message no AW624 and then maintain online and batch input W for message no. 624.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

meesha_belani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Soubhagya

I have a similar issue where I have changes the message to warning , but now when I try to run the settelments I get the message :Message no. AA310

Enter asset value date in the same year as posting date 20160726

Does any one have any recommendations on how to handle this ?

Thanks

MB