SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter reads to Billing-reason priority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings.

One of our sites had a "periodic meter read". Later a meter read "interim meter read without billing" was received for the same date.

So, the periodic read became inactive.

When the customer was billed, the "interim meter read without billing" was used in the billing document.

Is this the way SAP is supposed to behave? Because i thought because the second Meter read was marked as "without billing" it would not be considered.

Is there some configuration in SAP, where we specify, the order of preference in which Meter reads must be considered for billing?

Regards,

Joshua.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The priority of Meter Reading reasons you may give less priority for Periodic meter reading that why the issue came.

You define priorities for individual meter reading reasons. Via these priorities you define which meter reading reasons cause suppression of meter reading orders if the meter reading interval already contains other meter reading orders or results.

Check here

IMG--sap utilities---Device Management---Meter Reading----Meter Reading Order---Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check.

i think this will help you.

regards,

Nags

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Yes the priority can eb checked as per the requirement.

Check the below SPRO path and correct the settings as per your requirement.

"""Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check"""

Path:- SAP Utilities-->Device Management-->Meter Reading-->Meter Reading Order-->Order Creation-->Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check.

Regards

Sachin

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The priority of Meter Reading reasons you may give less priority for Periodic meter reading that why the issue came.

You define priorities for individual meter reading reasons. Via these priorities you define which meter reading reasons cause suppression of meter reading orders if the meter reading interval already contains other meter reading orders or results.

Check here

IMG--sap utilities---Device Management---Meter Reading----Meter Reading Order---Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check.

i think this will help you.

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Thank you Sachin and Nagaraj for your answers.

The latest reading had the status "Interim meter reading without billing". But this was used in the billing document. Going by the label i assumed this read would not have been considered.

Can you let me know whether reads with status "09" will be used by billing and invoicing if other reads (of higher priority) are not available.

0 Kudos

Hi,

MR reason     Description                   Priority   Always create ord.
01           Periodic reading                 3
02           Interim reading with billing     4
03           Final reading (move-out)         2          
09          Interim reading with out billing  1

If periodic meter reading and a Interim reading with out billing occur together in a meter reading interval, meter reading order creation and billing are suppressed due to the low priority of the periodic meter reading.

i think this helps you.

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

Joshua:

You have got some different concepts at work here.

Interim without billing means that the reading will not generate a billing trigger and thus not force billing.  But if that 09 interim without billing read is for the same date as for a periodic reading, then based upon the meter reading priority, the read value would be used for the periodic as well, which does trigger billing.

Additionally, even though it is a interim without billing - that does not mean it is not used, it only indicates that it will not trigger billing.  But the reading itself would be used to determine periods and possibly proration - so it is correct for it to be used.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thank you Bill. That was helpful.

In our case, the "periodic read"(01) has a priority of "3", and "interim without billing"(09) has a priority of "4".

But when i look at the invoice, it has used the interim without billing. [this might not be a problem because 03 was possibly marked inactive by one of our custom programs when 09 read got into the system. In this scenario, 09 came after 03]

But after invoicing, the 01 read has been marked with status "07" (Billed). I mean, the invoice has used the 09 read, but has marked the 01 read as billed. Is there a reason why the system does this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

In our case, 01 read arrived first. Later 09 read arrived, so 01 was made inactive. But the custom program in our sytem made both 'Billable'.

When billing was executed, it picked up the 'Active' & 'Billable' 09 read.

I am just not sure why '01' was marked as 'Billed'  when '09' was picked for billing.

But thank you for all your answers.

Regards,

joshua.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.