SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic budget posting issue in HCM offcyle posting

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have created off cycle for 15 employees in PA70, i have already assigned & released budget for them and maintained derivation rules for fund center derivation from the cost centers maintained in PENR. Now when i am posting payroll to accounting in simulation run i am getting an error message

Could not retrieve fund type for area , fund

Message no. FMFG_ABP003

Please guide me to resolve this issue, Also the document being shown in simulation run with Dr & Cr is of correct amount but AVC error is  shown there too

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check note 1300654.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Do you use 'fund'? If yes, is it set as allowed to be 'blank' and is there a derivation rule defined for it as well?

0 Kudos

Hi:

I have not activated funds in customizing, budget addresses and posting addresses have been created properly and budget was posted with fund center and commitment items combination and was  budget was also released and updated in reports. Now in the in node integration with HR...posting & budgeting control..define ABP for personnel cost savings, i have done settings by setting status as Active and budget entry document details here. In strategy field i have not defined anything ,same thing for define derivation strategy for budget doc item..I have not defined because i do not know its purpose.

I recon that AVC error might be this but fund type error has nothing to do with it when its not even activated in customization. I have checked in  SM30 V_T588N for FM RP_TIME_COBL_002, COBL-GEBER its status has been set to 0, but still error is persistent

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have integration with HCM, so cannot help you much. Of course, you can debug and see upon which criteria the system checks the fund, if it's not even activated as FM element according to you...

0 Kudos

Hi:

I resolved the issue by setting inactive in Integration with HR ...posting & budgeting control...define ABP for personnel cost savings...but this does not seems to be the solution to FM-HCM configuration. I think in order to use ABP we also need to activate the

Position Budgeting and Control (PA-PM-PB) in HCM ..

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Thank you for sending me the link to the thread.

I have researched here and all similar issues were resolved with the application of note 1300654 that Eli already sent to you. Can you please try to implement this note in a test system and retest your issue? Unfortunately I don't have any other idea.

Kind Regards, Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Thank you for sending me the link to this thread. This seems to be a duplication of thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3197392 but as per your last comments, I strongly suggest you to move this thread to HCM area. PA-PM-PB belongs to them. If you cannot move, lets us know and we can do this for you.

Best Regards, Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thanks