cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am creating a transport request in SE09 Tcode. But this transport is not appearing in STMS Tcode transport queue. Even if I release the request

in SE09 and check in STMS Tcode I find that there are no entries.

Kindly share your valuable inputs for the same.

Regards,

AWF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check the transport logs for errors...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I can see that there are no errors in logs.

I believe this is some number range problem. Since my TP starts something like 9000..

But in STMS I can't see this number range. I can only see TP of lesser range there.

I am not sure about where TP number ranges are maintained & handled.

AWF

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That must be because you request has been realease as a Local request which does not produce a cofile and datafile and its not transpotable.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I learnt from Basis team that they are not able to see the TP in os level. I believe they meant the data file & co file that you have mentioned.

Can you please suggest me about how to release the request correctly. Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

AWF

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically instead of using Package (Developer Class) $TMP which will create a local request you should assign your request to the proper package/developer class and a transportable workbench/customizing request will be created.

There is tons of info in help.sap.com

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Will try the same and let you know.

Great Day.

AWF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't think this a local transport issue. Else there would have been no logs shown up for transport in SE09  as mentioned in a earlier post ("I can see that there are no errors in logs.")

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

lets an example if your STMS is not configured or 1 system landscape

only Dev system there not configured with QA system,

then all the transport you released become local change request. no co file and data  file is generated.

for 2 system landscape or 3 system landscape.

dev-> Qa->prod

as soon as u released (workbench or custom request) it become visible in dev, Qa and prod.

if u wanna to import in Qa. go to Qa queue and import.

there are work flow design. depend on your company how your Stms work

regards,

Meenaksh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable replies. There was an issue with data file and co file generation. Basis team rectified it. Then we recreated new TP and we can see that they are appearing correctly.

AWF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw a question

Assuming you are releasing this transport in SE09 in development expecting it to go to quality.

Where are you running STMS then in DEV or QA. And if you are running in DEV then are you are entering the import queue of QA for checking ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if the transport routes are configured properly and the system in which you are creating the transport request has a transport target. Else any request that you create will be a local transport request .

Also in STMS , do not look into the queue of the system from which the transport is created . Check the queue of the target system of the transport request .

Regards

Ratnajit

dayakar_sama
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.