cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an extended monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering whether there are people who have extended the standard SXI_MONITOR with success. I know some ABAP, but I am not familiar with extending screens etc.

I have read about the "Super monitor" that adds a search to the monitor and have read how you can access the Java stack message through a web service from ABAP. However, I am interested in how to put it all together.

Creating a Z* table with all messages and polling every now and then to add more information seems like an option, but I am not sure about it. If there are people out here, willing to share some code or thoughts on the matter, feel free! Or just ideas are welcome: what are the things you need for monitoring efficiently - does CCMS do the trick?

Have a nice day!

My regards,

Aerv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Creating a Z* table with all messages and polling every now and then to add more information seems like an option, but I am not sure about it.

what kind of "more information" are you talking about ?

>>>SXI_MONITOR with success. I know some ABAP, but I am not familiar with extending screens etc.

ABAP stack monitoring is a thing of a past on PI - NWA/RWB is the tool to do the monitoring (from single stack PI - the only tool) so why bother changing something like ABAP stack monitor at all ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (0)