cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI post installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I just finished installing PI 2004s and I am attempting to go through the post installation procedure. I have come to the step of running the PIPostInstallProcess template through the SAP Netweaver Administrator, however the process keeps failing saying that the user credentials are incorrect. I had logged in using J2EE_ADMIN, so I assuming that I cannot use this user to perform that task. However, I don't know what user I am supposed to use. Should I create one? If so, what roles do I give the user? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

To proceed with post installation you should you xisuper which will be created while installing xi.

Cheers,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I attempt to log into the NWA (netweaver administrator) with that user I recieve the following error:

"You do not have the appropriate authorization to use NetWeaver Administrator; contact your system administrator"

When I log into the J2EE Admin tool on the server and look at the users credentials assigned to that user (PISUPER) I notice that it does not have the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN, which the J2EE_ADMIN user does have. Perhaps that is why it cannot log into the NWA. However, the J2EE_ADMIN user cannot perform the PIPostInstallProcess for some reason. Any ideas as to where to go?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logon to the NWA with administrator id and password and Click on the Deploy and Change execute the template installer please refer the following for more information

1) Configuration : Go to the following:

http://service.sap.com/instguidesNW2004s -> Installation -> Technology

Consultant's Guide. -> Enabling Application-to-Application Processes ->

Application-to-Application Integration -> Configuration of Usage Type

Process Integration (PI) -> Template-Based Basic Configuration.

You can use either the Template-Based Basic Configuration to carry

out the configuration steps OR you can do the configuration steps

manually:

Please see the following link regarding this:

http://help.sap.

com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/61/6e8c42c398173be10000000a155106/frameset.htm

2)For the central SLD, further manual steps are required.

For more information, see SAP Note 939592.

4)If you want to use an Integration Server client other than 001

further manual steps are required. For more information, see SAP Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps my question is being misunderstood.

I'm well aware of the process to which the PIPostInstallProcess routine should be deployed. My problem is that when I'm trying to do it I'm recieving an error just a little bit into the deployment process regarding credentials.

What I want to know is what user should be used to perform this operation. Because J2EE_ADMIN doesn't seem to work, and PISUPER won't log into the NWA for some reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems even though I created a client (400) on my system, I cannot use any of the users to log into the NWA, Integration Repository, etc unless I create the user in client 001. Does anyone know where I associate those tools with the client so that I can create users in client 400 and give them the ability to access the IR, ID, NWA, etc.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright, I was able to reconfigure PI so that the users were pulled from client 400 instead of 001, and SAP note 939892 address the issue why the template installer was failing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To log on to NWA Use Administrator(It is a default user) and the Password is the Password which your are using to log on to Visual Administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harrison,

How did you reconfigure PI users to be pulled from 400 instead of 001?

I ended up using 001 as the integration server and created another client 200 as the application system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

How did u resolve the issue with NWA. I am also facing the same problem.

which user we need to use when u logon to NWA.

Regards,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

You log into the user administration website on your XI server:

http://serveraddress:port/useradmin

Press <b>Configuration</b> button near top of the screen

Press <b>ABAP Systrem</b> tab

Modify the configuration and change the user client to 200 from 001. Make sure to test connection before saving though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the user J2EE_ADMIN or PISUPER to begin with, but once you switch your users master client over you want to use a user that you create to finish the job