cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on transferring Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I have a question I'm hoping you guys can answer.  I'm trying to transport a new SNP Planning Area to my quality system.  I used tcode: 

/SAPAPO/TSOBJ.  I was only selecting the first checkbox of Transporting of the Planning Area.  I did NOT check the datasource transport or any of the other checkboxes below the PA.  The transport created with the Planning Area in it and PLOB in it.  It said it transported, but it never made it to the quality system.  Should I have checked the "with datasource transport" button?  Will it hurt if I re-transport with this button checked.

I also could have manually created the Planning Area in the other system, but I though it would be a better idea to transport it since I changed the Aggregates and some other areas, as well.

Thanks for your input.

Andrea Fuschetto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To transport planning area , the procedure you have described should be enough. Not includeing the data source will not have any impact. Since you say transport never made it to target system check with your basis team and see why your transport didnt move to target. If they are not able to resolve the issue then you can create another transport ''

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aparna for your answer.  It turns out that someone had the STMS input area blocked with a faulty transport.  I was able to manually transport the Planning Area though.   My last question is whether I have to transport the datasource at all?  I'm not sure what the "datasource" means.  We are creating all the data separately in the system.  Can you tell me what that means?

Thanks so much.

Andrea

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A data source has to be created when you are trying to build reporting objects in APO-BW or BW to pull data from the planning area .

It is like a bridge between your planning system (APO) and backend (APO-BW) or  core BW. If you dont do any reporting , you dont need a data source

Thanks

Aparna

Answers (0)