cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Table Mapping Restriction on Derived Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two derived tables that have a SQL that uses DB Links. I wanted to know if anyone has implemented Table Mapping or if this is even possible for Derived Tables in the Universe. I have worked with Applying Table Mapping Restriction on regular tables.

Any Insight or help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure you are looging in as the user on which the table mapping restriction has been applied.

Regards,

Laxminarayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am logging in with the correct credentials. I Tried creating a views and using them for Table Mapping it works fine but when i create Derived Table using the SQL from the View the Restriction does not apply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just checked this SAP #169659. Table mapping is not supported for derived tables. IN BI 4.0 it gives a clear error message

Symptom

Table mapping is not working with a derived table in Manage Access Restrictions.

Environment

Business Objects XI3.1

Any Service Pack

Reproducing the Issue

From Universe Designer:
- Import 'Island Resorts Marketing' from a CMS
- Add a derived table 'City_Restricted' with the following definition: SELECT * FROM City WHERE City.city_id<=30
- Add a new restriction from 'Tools/Manage security.../Manage Access Restrictions': table mapping with original table 'City' and replacement table 'City_Restricted'.
- Assign the above restriction to a regular user from the CMS
- Export the universe
From DeskI:
- Using an administrator, create a new report based on the above universe, containing Customer/City and Customer/Region.
- Refresh and save the report: it contains 49 rows.
- Now open the report with the user having restrictions, and refresh it:
--> An error is raised: Exception: DBD, [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'City_Restricted'.

Cause

Table mapping FROM a derived table is currently not allowed

This functionality does not currently exist in the product

Resolution

An Enhancement Request has been logged under ID ADAPT01194258.

The Enhancement Request (ER) will be considered in terms of future product development when considering possible new features in the next major release. Please note that the ER may or may not be included depending on various factors.

Keywords

Table mapping, Derived tables, access restrictions, ADAPT, 01194258

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef,

Table mapping for derived tables would  works as they work for normal tables.

Thanks,

Pramod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that it does not change the SQL being used to the replacement derived table SQL just does name swaps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using normal derived table or along with DBLinks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SQL in the Derived table uses the DB link.