cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data shown in the ichart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I have a query data set with a date column and a value column .  I can play in the query template with different date ranges and all seems allright .  Anyway, when I want to plot the value vs date all I get is a vertical line at the beggining of the X - axis .  I have set the "use global aut scaling" to true and "use zero base scale" to true .

We are running a 12.2.3 build 167 sp5 MII software .

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based upon your description it would appear that either your DateColumn is not an SQLDataType="93" (it would not auto-convert strings) or the values themselves are earlier than the StartDate of your actual query (they are valid dates, but they cannot render spatially in the chart's X-Axis because they would be represented off the chart - so the line renders like a lie detector with a frozen paper feed roll).  Sorry if the anologies are hard to follow...

If the time/refresh control bar is visible in your iChart and you see the start date and end date buttons represented then I would assume the column you mapped is truly a datetime - easy test is to run your query template and choose XML in the browser, or even better yet, use the right click menu of the iChart and choose XML to see the data.  Then pay close attention to the StartDate/EndDate attributes in the Rowsets portion, and the column definition you mapped as your DateColumn (it should be SQLDataType="93").

The iChart scaling settings would only impact the Y-Axis, and all of your symptoms point towards a time based confusion between the iChart in Line mode and the underlying data query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great job Jeremy,

Having you guys gives me peace of mind .  Thanks very much .

Best regards,

Answers (0)