cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I need your help in order to undestand the feasibility of doing the following customising in WM:

Plant : XXXX

Storage Location : 0001

Storage Location : 0002 (virtual storage location used only for stock reservation)

both the 2 storage location will be linked to the same warehouse number : XXX as we would like to have for a single code a unique storage bin YYYYY containing the whole quantity stored in the warehouse (for example 100PC). But we would like to divide this quantity into 2 different storage location (for example 50PC in 0001 and 50PC in 0002) in order to place sales orders in different storage location accordingly to the business process.

Is it feasibile?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion you may give me.

Regards,
Barbara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

Yes you can definitely  do this. You don't need to do any special config for the same.

When you have created 2 separate storage locations and assigned them to the warehouse.

Just create a bin under this warehouse and specific storage type.

The only thing you need to keep in mind is that whenever you do any IM transactions you need to be sure that you are using the correct storage location.

Thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit, thank you for your answer

Do you think it'll be possibile to set also a separate plant insted of storage location?

Plant XXXX

Storage Location 0001 for all the orders

Plant YYYY

Storage Location 0002 as a virtual plant/storage location in order to reserve the quantity

in this way I guess it'll be more simple to trigger the correct plant/storage location accordingly to the different sales orders .

And we could even run MRP separately!

Thank you,  Barbara

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can ,Normally if the value of the material changes then we recomend to rete the plant.Check with your business both storage location and plant option.

If the data is huge then go for new plant .

What about procurement in this new plant.It is only per sales point of view check other implecations  masterdata load new plant ,Setting new plant configuration ...etc.It is kind of a small project.

I would suggest storage location is easy for you.

Better test both the process (Storage location and defining as a Plant) let them your business decide..

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check table T320 and find out (e.g. by checking the key fields) how SAP warehouse object can be assigned to plant/storage location combination(s).

What I can't get why you are using a separate storage location (even a separate plant/storage location) to "reserve" the quantity...

Could you please explain it what's the requirement and why you think two storage locations are the solution?

Normally I would use availability check to "reserve" the quantity (e.g. safety stock). You can also use the second storage location and exclude it from MRP and thus from availability check (via material master)  - but in this case no need for separate plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

the requirment is to reserve "virtually" a part of the stock for some of the codes we are managing in our warehouse for orders via web . This is in order to ensure at the moment of the order creation we have already available quantity that will be assigned to those orders only.

The idea is to procure the goods taking into account the total requirment (normal business+web) and then move the stock to be reserved for web in this virtual storage location that should be visible by MRP in order to take into consideration teh stock when planning but it should not be visible as available quantitty for the NON -WEB orders..

Thank you! Regards,
Barbara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this .So you want to reserve some amount of stock in Sloc 0002.You can reserve by moving some stock through MB1B transaction.But sytem will consider this stock also while MRP planning.

It is  feasibile.To automate the stock transfer to 0002 you need to setup sloc flip job (MB1B) background)