cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM58 - SC in status Awaiting Approval while Approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There some SC which are approved by all managers but still in "Awaiting Approval" status. I checked the SM58 transaction and i found the follwing:

It seems that after last manager approved SC, approval mail was not sent. Please have a look on the images below for more details:

From "Aprroval Process Display / Edit Agent menu"

From "SM58"

It's the first time i analyze SM58 output. Could you please tell me how this can help me solving the issue and how to avoid such problem in the future?

Thanks,

--Hazem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem,

If i understand your question correctly, Your shopping cart was approved by last manager and when you checked SC status in BBP_PD transaction code it shows as Awaiting approval as Active Status? and Other status I1111 Item in Transfer , I11112 is not showing up?

Once the final approver approves the cart if you have configured notification to requester that your cart has been approved it does not trigger the email notification.

Please check if CLEARN_REQREQ_UP & BBP_GET_STATUS_2 program are running in the system to push the shopping cart which are approved into backend system. Also verify the workflow jobs SWWCOND, SWWDHEX, SWWERRE are also running they are the workflow jobs.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

In fact i am quite new to SRM so sorry if sometimes i don't understand easily what you are trying to explain to me

In fact you understood correctly my problem: SC status is awaiting approval however the SC is approved.

I don't know how to check if programs or workflow jobs are running or not?

Other thing, according to the images i sent you, do you think that the problem is related to an approval mail that was not sent? Is it because of this non sent mail that the SC still in awaiting approval status?

Thanks a lot for all the help you are giving me,

--Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem,

Not an issue.... The SM58 screen shot will not be right way to see the cart status.

Please go into transaction BBP_PD and enter the Shopping cart which is showing up as approved in Portal and check what is the status there. You will see various status I1111 etc as i mentioned there.

To check the jobs you have to go into SM37 transaction and in the bottom it says ABAP program, enter the programs which i have mentioned above and execute removing other parameters (i.e. Data range, user name etc) you will see if that is running.

You can also do other way for this cart, Go into Transaction SE38 and execute program CLEAN_REQREQ_UP with Shopping cart number and execute. That will also clear the shopping cart status...

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

here is the different status of SC from BBP_PD

I also checked those programs and jobs you mentioned: they are all running.

I thought that SM58 could help  me know why SC still in Awaiting Approval status, no?

I really don't know where to start with this issue?

Thanks a lot,

--Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hazem,

Thank you for the screen shot. Could you please provide further details on which workflow you have activated Application Controlled or Process Controlled? If you have Application controlled workflow then when you scroll down you will see the approver and their ID. It will also show status where the cart is waiting. Do you see that? If you have Process Controlled workflow active then in BBP_PD only you will see workflow ID. Take the workflow ID and go into T.code SWIA and see how workflow is behaving.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ritesh,

OK, I'll do what you asked me to do but SM58 does not give any details about the issue?

What i find strange, is that each time i got this issue with a SC, a line which correspond to the problem is displayed in SM58 as i described it in my first post

Many Thanks,

--Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally we transferred this problem to SAP since everything seems to be OK in our system.

As workaround, we will just push SC having the discussed issue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hazem,

please, have a look at KBA below:

1697416  - Automatic approval for last step is not completing

1465740  - SRM document is stuck in the approval process

Regarding first KBA, you need to switch on business function SRM_APF_IMPR_1 (SFW5 transaction) in order to be able to switch on switch ID SRM_701_APF_ASYNC_PRC_FINISH.

Concerning Wokitem not completely released, you can execute them manually.

In SM58 transaction, select concerned Logical Unit of Work, then in menu bar select Edit > Execute LUW.

This should released your WI.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hazem,

Please go to tcode SM59, under "logic conections", and check RFC logical destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_100. Check logon data, I've had the same issue earlier, and the problem was wrong credentials for WF-BATCH user. Check if user WF-BATCH is not locked, and check if PWD status is "saved".

Please advice if my answer was helpful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for the reply,

Here is what i have as WF-BATCH credentials:

It seems to be correct, no?

Thanks,

--Hazem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it seems to be ok.

So, the problem may be somewhere else. Hope SAP can solve your problem soon.