cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro's & Con's if Service Pack of SAP PI and Seeburger is upgraded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to upgraded SAP PI system and Seeburger system. SAP PI will upgrade from SP20 to SP25 and Seeburger will upgrade from version 1.8.1 to 1.8.2. My doubt is, after SAP PI and Seeburger upgrade will there be any connection or network issues to these system, will there be any problem in data conversion. Please let me know what are all the Pro’s and Con’s if the two systems will upgrade

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Present our system is SAP NW 2004s7.0 with SP20 and now we are planning to upgraded it to SAPNW 2004s 7.0 SP26. Here we are upgrading only SAP PI system not ECC (i.e. R/3) system, then in this case would there be any connectivity or Data issues in IDoc interface and Proxy interface .

Please let me know what are additional features in SP 26 and let me know is there any OSS notes regarding the SP 26.

Thank you in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

As Baskar said.. what version of PI  do you want to Update.

I made an update last year for new version of Seeburger to 1.83 only the problem was with AS2 connector.

Regards.

Lucho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucho,

you mentioned that the last version you have update is Seeburger 1.83 , is that version is 1.8.3 or typo mistake

If it is 1.8.3 as the latest version , i think 1.8.2.2 is the latest version in Seeburger . please let me know which version have you done.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Sorry , my mistake ... . ..last version is 1.8.2

Lucho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucho,

Could you please let me know what are the issues that you have faced after the upgrade of seeburger and resolutions for the issues .

Thanks

Yuga

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW, what version of PI currently are you using? Upgrading just SP from lower number to the higher number would be always better. This would infact fix your current version errors in the upgrading sp level(if any). You would not see  any impact. But if you change the PI server from one version to the other then sure you would see some impacts. There should not be even any data conversion issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Present our system is SAP NW 2004s7.0 with SP20 and now we are planning to upgraded it to SAPNW 2004s 7.0 SP26. Here we are upgrading only SAP PI system not ECC (i.e. R/3) system, then in this case would there be any connectivity or Data issues in IDoc interface and Proxy interface .

Please let me know what are additional features in SP 26 and let me know is there any OSS notes regarding the SP 26.

Thank you in Advance

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont see any major impact on this change. You should not have Data and network issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

As per my experience (1.8.2.0)  the problem was with MDN Report....  The confirmation of MDN came as encrypted data.. We opened a Seeburger noted about that.. they solved .. I guess this problem may not present in your new version.

Regards.

Lucho.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upgrading new SP always right idea and as per my experience there would be no impact on network/connection issues.

Some downtime required.