cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion in receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am doing a proxy to File scenario. The target file is a Pipe delimited text file.

I have mapped some target fields with a space constant in mapping.

But the file generated at sFTP server is not having these spaces. coming as blank fields. I have checked in moni and i can see these spaces in the payload after mapping but in the target file these spaces are not reflected.

Please help me out with the FCC parameters to get the spaces in target file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Navneet

Message was edited by: Moderator - (urgent help req) removed from title.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucho, Thanks for your help.

Its now working for me. I have used xml to csv conversion- simple to generate a text file.

In module parameters i have specified endSeparator and fieldSeparator as new line and pipe resptvly

I have removed FCC as it is truncating spaces from payload.

Thanks again guys for your help.

Navneet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

In order to output fields according to their length, simply use fieldFixedLengths specification for your structure. With fieldSeparator, I guess you won't be able to output multiple white spaces into a field.

Another option seems to set the target field to mandatory and minLength = X in the data type definition (where X is your required number of spaces). This might also work, without changing FCC configuration, but you need to verify that.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks a lot for your help.

But in my case the file is not a fixed length file and field lengths are also not given.

And i have tried out the second option but this also not working for me. I have changed those fields to mandatory and min length to 1. please let me know if you have any other wayout.

Thanks

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Can you put here your configuratin of your FCC.?

Regards

Lucho.