cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck in queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The process flow of the scenario configured is 3rd party application->PI->SAP ECC.

The message is sent from 3rd application to PI using sender SOAP adapter . After the mappings the message is routed to SAP ECC using inbound proxy and processed in SAP system.

If the SAP ECC is not available where does the message gets stuck... is it in PI outbound queues...does it throw any error in SXMB_MONI in PI...

I need to create some alerts that should be triggered in PI if the SAP ECC is not available.

Could you please advise how I can handle this situation.

Thanks,

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using ABAP stack to send details to SAP ECC proxy, then the message will fail in SXMB_MONI of PI in call adapter step . The error message would be *HTTP COMMUNICATION ERROR".

If you use java stack to send the message to ECC ( PI 7.11 or newer), then the message will fail in AAE with connection refused error.

So please configure your alerts in the respective components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using ABAP stack to send message to SAP ECC proxy. So I would expect "HTTP COMMUNICATION ERROR" in PI SXMB_MONI during SAP system downtime.

I configured my alerts in case of failure in IE or AE.

Thanks,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using ABAP stack to send message to SAP ECC proxy. So I would expect "HTTP COMMUNICATION ERROR" in PI SXMB_MONI during SAP system downtime.

I configured my alerts in case of failure in IE or AE.

Thanks,

Jay.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP ECC down or any connection issue means definetly you get error at call adappter level mostly HTTP connection issues and message will stay in PI.

you can restart those messages once SAP ECC up.

If you have configured alerrts(IE also) then you will receiver Alert email.

Regards,

Raj

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>If the SAP ECC is not available where does the message gets stuck... is it in PI outbound queues...

yes - the messages will stay in PI outbound queues

>>>does it throw any error in SXMB_MONI in PI...

of course

>>>I need to create some alerts that should be triggered in PI if the SAP ECC is not available.

open runtime workbench and alert configuration and create alerts as per step by step blogs from SDN

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already configured the alerts in runtime workbench.

I just wanted to check if I get an error in SXMB_MONI when the message failed to reach SAP ECC using inbound ABAP proxy during SAP ECC downtime.

So my aleerts should be working now 🙂

Thanks,

Jay.

I