Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection char

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

i was going thru the below page from SAP help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/2d/351e09448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Here under point no 3 . You can enter the following data :

• Data origin. (You use this field to assign a data source such as, handheld application, quality certificate. The system then copies data from this source; optional)

what does it mean & which data it is referring to ? Pl guide .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be used two ways.

1) when recording results the user can select a data origin if they want.  This is informational only and does nothing.  So if for instance you got a COA from a vendor and you want to make sure it meets YOUR specs and not just what the vendor puts on the COA, (how do you know they haven't changed specs on you?), you can enter the provided value as a result.  By selecting the data origin "from COA" this indicates an actual inhouse test was not done. the value was simply inputted from the provided paper based COA.

2) if in the inspection plan, you select certain data origins, these will default into the inspection lot as showing where the data came from.   So when for instance you use copy inspection resutls and prepopulate the results with data from a prevous batch, you can put in the inspection plan a data orign of "previous batch".  This should default into the inspection plan as should the result.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i find this (Data origin.) ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought you HAD found it!  It's on the characteristic line in results recording.

In the plan it is on the Quan. Data overview tab.

In config it's at QM-->Quality Inspection-->Results Recording-->Define Origins of Results Data

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the same .

cud you pl guide for : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3195281

Answers (0)