cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log of incomplete items OVA2 - Reversing the incompleteness

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added a customer field of table VBAK to the incompleteness procedure for sales header (transaction OVA2). SAP sets the incompleteness when the field is empty.

Now I need the incompleteness to be set when the field is NOT empty, and to be ok when the field is empty.

Is there any way or smart workaround to accomplish this? Reversing the fields logic is not an option, as existing orders with the field empty should not be regarded as incomplete.

Looking forward for your contributions

Greetings, Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your new requirement is a field must be blank.

In other words, if a field in the sales order is not blank, then the order should be incomplete.

Could you please explain the business reason (scenario) for this requirement?

Furthermore, this value of this field is flowing from the CMR to the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the scenario is as follows: EDI orders are imported via IDoc and sales orders are created. Some orders have to be inspected before further processing, so we set a custom field in the order header (in idoc_input_order) to make the order incomplete. This way we can make use of certain standard tools:

- the ESYM-message to alert the salespeople in charge of the customer

- standard transactions to monitor and edit  incomplete sales documents

The field has different values which represesent the reasons for inspection. The value 'blank' is set manually after inspection and deletes the incompleteness. Now the order is ready for further processing.

We explicitly do not use the workflow connected with IDoc processing, because we want to present the complete sales order to the user for inspect.

The technical solution involves switching the value of our field from set to blank and vice versa before and after the incompleteness of VBAK is tested via 'RV_CHECK_DOCUMENT_INPUT' in include 'FV45KFAK_VBAK_PRUEFEN'.

In a very similar way the "inverse" incompleteness of vbap-cepok is handled by SAP itself, in fact this brought me to this solution.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a solution for myself.

Explanation would be a bit lengthy, so if someone is interested, contact me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a possibility to use screen variant for the order type and make that field as output only?

I am sure, somewhere in the mv45afzz userexit, you can change the field to be initial while saving if this helps.

Regards,

AHD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Explanation would be a bit lengthy,

No matter whatever lengthy would be the solution.  I am sure, everybody would be interested in knowing that.  Hence, please update here.

G. Lakshmipathi