cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require help on BO installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i got another requirement to install BO. problem is am very new to BO installation. could you please help me below requirement is possible to install or not?

if yes how to download required components/software? how to install this software?

please share information with me.

Client Requirement:

"Finance Application (BO FC)
DataServices + FIM
IPS (BOE) "

Software components:

Software

SAP Business Objects Information Platform Services 4.0 (IPS)
SAP Business Objects DataServcies (Server + Client)  4.0
SAP Business Objects Financial Information Management 10.0
SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation 10.0
SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation 10.0 Application Web
SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation 10.0 Web Services

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

BO supports support oracle, mssql , db2, maxdb as its database.

it depend on you want to keep the database as ECC system or any DB.

BO system have mainly 2 database- 1.)  MSSQL ( that is its internal database that is install during installation) 2.) depend on your requirment ( any database or any ECC or BI system)

there is no rule that u have to install Netweaver you can use the database as oracle also in place of any NW system.

for Oracle to work with BO system  you need to install JDBC driver for the communication

regards,

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Meenakshi,

so as per my understanding i can install BO on any server which is having SAP( ECC or BI) or even if not having SAP also i can install( oracle db is must be install).

BO system have mainly 2 database- 1.)  MSSQL ( that is its internal database that is install during installation) 2.) depend on your requirment ( any database or any ECC or BI system)

will BO installation install MSSQL db?

If you give some major steps that could help me a lot.

for BO components please see above my requirement.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

You can even install SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0 to your laptop nowadays. I have tried with windows 7 x64 4gb ram it worked but performance issues. So having installed on Windows 2008 Server with bundled Microsoft SQL Server would be a choice.

Oracle db is not must and after you have installed with default bundled database you can always migrate easily from MSSQL to oracle or any other DB.

BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0 contains bundled MSSQL you can choose this while installing.

Please check SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0 PAM for more compatibility options.

Please refer to following link for BO installation and integration with BW  http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/BUSINESS+OBJECTS+INSTALLATION+%28BOXI+%29+and+INTEGRATION+...

I hope this would be useful.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Said bilgen,

Many thanks for explanation.

i want install below software's on oracle database, so how can i install(above you have explained about SAP BO BI 4.0)?

Do i need to install SAP BO BI 4.0 first to install below software?

Software:

SAP Business Objects Information Platform Services 4.0 (IPS)

SAP Business Objects DataServcies (Server + Client)  4.0

SAP Business Objects Financial Information Management 10.0

SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation 10.0

SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation 10.0 Application Web

SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidation 10.0 Web Services

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Now i got some clear idea and going to install BO.

but i have another doubt.

As i mensioned above i want install different BO components, suppose i want go with below steps.

Install JDK 1.5

SAP Business Objects Information Platform Services 4.0 (IPS) with inbuilt bundled Microsoft SQL Server.

for next installation of SAP Business Objects DataServcies (Server + Client)  4.0 which database do i need to use earlier bundled SQL server?  or do i need to select any other difference?

suppose in sap we can install multiple components on one DB with different dbSID.

but here how can i go ahead?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Jdk installation would not be required. You can install SAP Business Objects with bundled MSSQL or you can select any other database during installation. For SAP Business Objects DataServcies you can  use the same database by simply creating new schema in that database but please consider RAM within the OS since SAP Business Objects best works with 6 GB or more RAM. Dataservices also need around same.

For this questions you urged me to create a installation steps guide for both BOE and dataservices.

I will be posting soon than you can have more clear idea in the pre installation installation and post installation phases.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Said,

Thanks for your help.

i have done my first SAP BO Information Platform Services 4.0 installation successfully.

Now am going for remaining components. but having one doubt(how to use one db for all components)

For SAP Business Objects DataServcies you can  use the same database by simply creating new schema in that database ----> could you please explain me how do i create schema?

am using existing MS SQL server 2008 R2 as db.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat, Great that you have installed your SAP BOE 4.0. Are you just making installation to try or for a production environment? I don't suggest you to use 2 BO product in same client for production environment's. But for best practice you can use same database instance by simply creating new database ( Server > Database > Right Click > New Database) and a new odbc connection referring to that database. During the Data Services installation you can point to new odbc which will fill into new database. This way you can distinguish where the data goes. I hope i explained clearly i was trying to upload some installation best practices but there are limitations to add to SCN, you can check my id and follow my blog where you can find more detailed information regarding BO installations. Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Said,

Many thanks for explanation.

It is Dev server.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat, Please share your email address with me , I would like to give you my blog address for this installation guide, I'm not sure if i am allowed to share external link from here, but you can see link in my SCN ID. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Said,

venkatraja22@gmail.com or you can find email id on my profile.

Thanks,

Venkat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you have checked http://service.sap.com/swdc if your OSS user does not see required software you should contact your sap responsible to get authorization for the software required. This is the case usually with BO products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through given link but there am able to see BO XI and BO BI and other but i want install BO with FIM, Dataservices and etc above given all components.

first do i need to install SAP NW?

IS BO support oracle 11g?

please help me

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you unable to see content that you were looking for , you have to contact your account representative from SAP.

BO supports all databases like mssql , oracle , db2 , maxdb .etc.

I did not clearly understand SAP NW in this picture could you please provide more specific outline regarding infrastructure?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the installation guides available at link below:

http://help.sap.com/bobip

Software is available at http://service.sap.com/swdc -> BusinessObjects Download

Regards,

Srikishan