cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot Size not respected by SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Experts need you help to understand why SNP is not respecting the LOT size maintained in the product master.

I have a lot size profile with alternate unit of measure PAL and min and rounding value assigned to it. Now when I execute Heuristic, it does not round up the PReq based on the LotSize profile, rather ignores and creates as normal.

I tried changing the UoM of LotSize back to BaseUoM, and it works there.

Can you suggest what am I missing here, please. In my understanding if alternate uom is maintained in the product master this should be considered, but its not working for me. Kindly suggest.

Tks in advance

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Per SAP documentation, the lot size profile can be maintained with alternative UOM.

If you enter an alternative unit of measure, the conversion to the base UoM must be maintained on the tab Units of Measure. The alternative units of measure must be able to be converted to the base UoM for the product, as otherwise the unit will not be accepted.

Probably, there might be some mistake in the definition of alternative UOM maintained in unit of measure tab. Consider posting a screenshot of your definition of UOM so as to get a proper suggestion from the community. 

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are using a profile, try putting the values in without the profile manually to check that the values are there correctly, and check the alternate unit of measure is set correctly.

j

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot John and Rajesh for your reply

I have rechecked it, the conversion rules are properly maintained but still it doesnt work, even if I do it manually for alternate unit of measurement

Can you think of other missing config or settings I must do.

Thanks in Advance

-R

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

Its strange now Hueristic is checking the rounding value inthe lotsize profile, however its not rounding exactly to the value.. for exg: rounding value is 1000, but the result of hueristic run is 9999.87

I understand this must be from conversion rule, but wondering it must create the requisition for 1000 (alt Unit) and then do reverse working for Base UOM.

Any suggestions on this, please

Thanks in advance

-RK