cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Planning Rel Overload what does this do?

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

In Block planning, what does the field "Rel. Overload %" do?

This is in the blocks section of the resource.

The help says:

Overload for Aggregated Block Capacity in Percent
Specifies by which factor the aggregated capacity of a block is set higher than the productive time, that results from the continuous capacity of the resource in the block.

So that above statement is from the SAP help.

So I have tried testing to put a percent in, and have tried either 8 Percent or 108 percent expecting the system to allow one of the planning methods to ramp up quantities within the block to over 100%, but this does not happen.
Ie if I run either PPDS Heuristic or PPDS optimizer, I still only get 99 to 100% max block utilization.

So if this field cant allow planning to go above 100% within a block, then what is it for???

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding relative overload of blocks there are some restrictions which have to be considered:
1.) The overload factor is relevant for bucket capacity only. So in order to use this setting please make sure that you use PP Bucket capacity but not time continous capacity. Unfourtunately this bucket capacity is not displayed in the block maintenance heuristic in SAP SCM standard. However, you can use BAdI /SAPAPO/BLRG_BLK_HEU methods to add columns to the grid display in the heuristic. This might be a solution to enhance the usability of the heuristic.

2.) The overload factor does not increase the lenght of a block but it's "hight". So if the lenght of a block is 1 hour, it will always be possible to place an order with a duration of 1 hour in this block. If the relative overload is used to double the capacity, it is not possible to place an order with a lenght of 2 hours in the block, but it is possible to place 2 orders of 1 hour each in the block. The restriction of maximum duration = 1 hour will also remain in case relative overload is increased.

Claire

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

I checked my resource, and on the PPDS tab I changed it so that it says

Bucket definition: FROM BLOCK PLANNING

Finite Capacity: BUCKET CAPACITY.

(This WAS set to Time continuous, so I thought this change may help)

I have lots of small orders within each block.

When I rerun PPDS optimizer, it still only puts under 100 percent within the blocks that I have set to 130% Rel overload.

Should this have worked? Can my many small orders by made to stretch a block over 100%?

I can drag orders manually in to a block to get over 100%, but I am hoping to be able to get the PPDS optimizer to do this. Does it look at the Rel overload column? What about PPDS heuristic if not the optimizer?

Thanks!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

This is working fine for me with CTP and re-scheduling heuristics ... not sure about the optimizer.

David

Answers (0)