cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Package for SAP ME 6.0 with SQL Server db problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BOBJ Package for SAP ME 6.0 comes with the default ODS and WIP connections for Oracle DB.

After importing the universes and reports with the Upgrade Management tool with the choice "Biar-Live",

I must delete and recreate the connections for SQL SERVER 2008 DB. When doing this it seems that

the universes get corrupted and gives me error messages when running the provided reports.

I have tried opening the universes and change the connection, save and export the universe. But even then

I get an error since the report is still using the old universe.

Can anyone say if I am doing something wrong here?

Wouldn't it be good to have BOBJ Packages depending on the database you are running?

Br,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we downloaded ME 6 we only got the reports and not the universes.  Is there something special you had to do to obtain the universes?  Can you please help and I will share my results f I can help with your issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you use the upgrade management tool in Business Objects 4?

By downloading the SAPMEBOBJ zip file from SAP and extracting the reports.biar file and using that in Upgrade management tool with a "Complete upgrade" and a scenario of "Biar to Live", you should get the universes as well.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We figured this out shortly after I posted this.  The next question I have is we are told the universes are "old" and from an older version of BOBJ and may not be compatible with BOBJ 4.  Did you have an issue deploying these universes with BOBJ 4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These universes work perfectly to import into Business Objects as .UNV universes. However, some Business Objects related programs, like Crystal reports for Enterprise, uses the newer UNX. Universes instead. But for working with e.g. Web-Intelligence reports in BO 4 the SAP ME universes work without problem.

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi all,

The original issue of errors in reports after changing Oralce connections to MSSQL connections might be related to configuration of ODBC Datasource in Windows. These steps are not mentioned in the ME BObj reports Guide, but I hope they will be added.

At least for the case when new connections were created and the universes were redirected to them, saved and exported, the reports seemed to work fine.

Regards,

Sergiy