cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business data allowed at item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus very good mng

i have one basic doubt  in item category vov7 that is business item field  i know about this is Business data allowed at item level -Tick the check box if business data at item level allowed to be different than header level in sales order.

but i want one real time example to understand exactly pl .

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To have different payment terms, at header and item level in the sales order.

In the sales order, Payment terms at header level,are if payment made within 15 days then 3 % discount.

This comes from CMR. In other words, agreement between selling company and the customer.

But for a slow mover material, selling company wants to give "more insentive"; thus at line item level, in the sales order, the payment terms are if payment made within 45 days then 3 % discount.

This is possible if field Business items is activated at item category level in VOV7.

The INCO terms could also be different, at header and item level in the sales order when field Business items is activated at item category level in VOV7.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked in VOV7, for many item categories (e.g. TAN, TANN, TAQ, KBN) the field Business item is activated but for REN (item category of Return process) this field is not activated.

Please think why for Return process the header and item data (for Payment terms, INCOTERMS) in a sales order, is not allowed to be different, in standard SAP.

If while configuring RE process for a client, the business requirement is that INCOTERMS be different at header and item level in a return order, what would be the main points for you to think / take in to consideration.