Problem start after system copy from PROD to STAGING in Web Dynpro

1. http://<serverhostname>:port

2. in SAP NetWeaver Web Dynpro page click on Content Administrator

3. in Web Dynpro Content Administration page disabled all botton

Create JCo Destination

Maintain JCo Destinations

Start assigned SLD

only Check SLD Connection button is enabled

4. when I click on check SLD connections it pointout user SLDDSUSER, that user was locked in STG server but I unlocked from ABAP site

5. When I click start SLD and in SLD page go to Administration page shows SLD is running

6. When I click TEST SLD connection I got an message bottom of the screen: connection to system landscape SLD could not be opened sucessfully

7. but when I click on left panel in Web Dynpro page, SYSTEM DEFINED CONTENT and go JCo Destinations: I got an error "No Connection to SLD"

but in right side shows all define source name but with grayout stuats

and everying is grayout

could anyone please tell me how to resolve that issue... step by step

Thanks a lot in advance

Angeline

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As per my understanding.

u copied your production server to stagging server.

SLD of production is different from SLD of stagging server.

so u need to configure  the SLD with your stagging server dont reset the password of prod SLD otherwise it will take ur PROD server down.

as much related to Jco button disable. as soon as you are connected with SLD it will be enabled.

regards,

Meenakshi

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Create a new SLDDSUSER by copying from existing SLDDSUSER and provide the new user in visual admin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to correct SLD connection from STG system. Below link can help you in checking & trouble shooting SLD connections:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

which system is serving as SLD server for the portal /

Regards.

ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD connected with PI STG system; I dont know if SLD is running in ECC 6 as i maintion before, but why web dynpro  all others bottons are grayout;

thanks for your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline.,

To maintain JCO please login into PI STG(in general your SLD master) and maintain them from over there. That should work out.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for reply; here is the whole story

Hi there,

We just refresh ECC6 - Staging server from ECC6 Production only ABAP no JAVA

We have local SLD for Staging server and only connect with STG portal

In Protal - ESS WebDynpro should be getting SLD data from STG server and show in JCo Destination

but I got an error "No Connection to SLD"

SLDDSUSER - data suppler user is keep locked in ABAP STG server

I unlock user and change the password, then goto portal's visual administration and services and change the password for SLDDSUSER

Test SLD is running

but when ever I goto portal SLDDSUSER is locked again, I checked in protal UME user and change the password, also I restart portal server but no luck...

Attachment screentshot show the error

In portal i am getting this error

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:476)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:249)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:234)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:129)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:150)
    ... 75 more

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

You said we have local SLD fo r" We have local SLD for Staging server and only connect with STG portal" Question is where is this SLD hosted. Is there a dedicated SLD system or it is PI ofstaging environment as you probably mentioned earlier. Or is SLD hosted on Potal ?

Also inthe screenshot you have posted you would notice a button : Check SLD connection. Can you press that and send and let us know which System's hostname:port doesit point to.This info (hostname:port) might be confidential from your perspective so as of now please avoid publising it here as inactual hostname:port.

Based on that info I will be able to move forward.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this sld is not connected with PI its hosted only with staging server thats all, its local sld,

when I check RZ70 it shows host name and port also SLDAPIUSER

but his user is not in SU01, where may I found this USER is that in UME

I check there as well but that user is not define anywhere, where may i found this one

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the useradministration from http://host:port/useradmin and search for user which was mentioned / observed during testin of SLD Connection. I think SLDSUSER might be locked or password maybe changed.

In my point of view, only Unlocking/Password change and update of the same in all the impactin places solve the issue.

Note : First unlock the user and test it.

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

So is SLD a dedicated stand-alone system ?? SLD is a component of Netweaver and  resides in JAVA stack.

Which system is acting as master SLD ? When you say STG is that some SAP SID. If so what SAP system does it represent?

Regards.

Ruchit.