cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt Regarding IDOC generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDocs are used for asynchronous transactions: each IDoc generated exists as a

self-contained text file that can then be transmitted to the requesting workstation without connecting to the central database.

where can i see the generated IDOC's in R/3.

whether IDOC will be generated with each and every transaction in R/3.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi govada chand ,

<i>where can i see the generated IDOC's in R/3.</i>

you can see all IDoc in WE02 Transaction.

<i>whether IDOC will be generated with each and every transaction in R/3.</i>

It Depends upon on how we configure.

Regards,

Ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govada,

use transaction WE05 to see the IDOCs.

give the duration when you have created IDOCs, then your IDOCs will be displayed.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi govada,

use TA WEDI -> you will get all transactions regarding IDOCs.

Not every TA in R/3 generates IDOCs. IDOCs belong to their business purposes.

E.g. Purchase Order can create a IDOC type ORDERS.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now if i want to see all the IDOC's generated today for Purchase Order...

where should i see the... what is the transaction code for that....

do we need to configure to see the generated IDOCs in R/3 itself....

what i am thinking is if we want to post IDOC to other system then only we have to configure the RFC Destination, Logical System creation and Partner Profile Creation ....

Am i correct or mistaken...

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) WE02 tcode will help you

2) >>what i am thinking is if we want to post IDOC to other system then only we have to configure the RFC Destination, Logical System creation and Partner Profile Creation ....

YES

Do you want any document for this configuration, If so I am reachable at- agasthuri@gmail.com

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>where should i see the... what is the transaction code for that....</i>

Transaction code we02

<i>do we need to configure to see the generated IDOCs in R/3 itself....</i>

No we need not to

<i>what i am thinking is if we want to post IDOC to other system then only we have to configure the RFC Destination, Logical System creation and Partner Profile Creation ....

Am i correct or mistaken...</i>

YES, you are misteken, All above configurations are not only for IDOCs.

these can be used to send RFCs and Files,XML file formats, HTTP connections also.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are all the feilds to enter into the we02 to display the IDOC

i checked between dates but its showing no idocs selected.... but we have sent so many purchase orders....

did we need to give all the feilds over there.... for example Creation Date,Direction,IDoc number,Current Status also....

what are all the fields i have to enter to display the IDOC...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what are all the fields i have to enter to display the IDOC...

- remove the date entry and just check what are the IDOC'S created...if created it shows the list of IDOC'S..

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to check for particular transaction of R/3, for example if i want to see the idocs related to master data say vendor master data...

can i see related idocs using we02 transaction

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in we02 give ur meesage type defined in the partner profile in <b>logical message</b>...if it is std idoc type then give in <b>basic type</b>...if exntended then give in <b>enhancement</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

prabhu can we find IDOC's date wise. for example from 08.01.2007 to 08.02.2007 what PO's we created and number of IDOC's generated between this time...

Is it compulsary for each transaction in SAP that and IDOC generates... like Purchase Order Creating, Stock maintainance etc.,

Do we have to configure some thing to generate IDOC or for each bussiness action a IDOC will will be genarated... like Purchase Order Creating, Inventory Management etc.,

whether every IDOC stores in R/3 if where the IDOCs will be stored in R/3, how can we see the what are all the required feilds for particular segment of IDOC ...

can we check like for purchase order today how many IDOC s are generated...

Thanks in Advance...

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govada

prabhu can we find IDOC's date wise

Answer : In WE03 select the date which you want.

Is it compulsary for each transaction in SAP that and IDOC generates... like Purchase Order Creating, Stock maintainance etc.,

Answer: NO not all trancastion create IDOCs

can we check like for purchase order today how many IDOC s are generated

Answer: Yes goto WE02 and give the IDOC name select the date of today you see all

Do we have to configure some thing to generate IDOC or for each bussiness action a IDOC will will be genarated

Answer : We need to configure.

whether every IDOC stores in R/3 if where the IDOCs will be stored in R/3, how can we see the what are all the required feilds for particular segment of IDOC

Answer : IDOC data are stored in database . goto WE30 and see which field are mandotry.

Please Reward points

Regrads

Sreeram.G.Reddy