Did you mean: 

MII final transformation call over a URL

Former Member

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The server:// prefix only resolves when inside a query template (similar to db:// or web://) or transaction.

For your first URL try just using a relative path for StyleSheet=/XMII/CM/PPQ/Styles/TablaValores.xsl

I wouldn't bother with the IllumXSLTServlet, just stick with the standard Illuminator servlet call, using the query template to get your xml dataset and the StyleSheet property will turn the Rowsets/Rowset/Row xml data into whatever HTML you are looking for.

It would also be very simple to incorporate this into an irpt page as follows:

<SERVLET NAME="Illuminator">

<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="PPQ/Queries/ExtreaDatosTablaValoresxPeriodosXacute">

<PARAM NAME="StyleSheet" VALUE="/XMII/CM/PPQ/Styles/TablaValores.xsl">

<PARAM NAME="IsTesting" VALUE="N">

<PARAM NAME="Content-Type" VALUE="text/xml">

</SERVLET>

I'm not on the VPN so hopefully my memory serves correctly without testing my suggestions above..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy,

Would you please tell me the standard Illuminator XSLT Servlet call and an example ¡?

Best regards,

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In older versions of the product the IllumXSLTServlet served more purpose than today - in effect the XSL Transformation action block (XML Functions category in the WB) serves the purpose of this servlet.

I tried a quick test but only managed a blank screen, but one example (outdated) exists in the old help:  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/index.htm

I would stick with the standard Illuminator servlet or use the servlet call in an IRPT page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Jeremy 4you quick response

I have made the change you told me for the first URL and not getting the final  transform the into the html table that I expect

http://miidev.pemex.com/XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=PPQ/Queries/ExtreaDatosTablaValoresxPeriodosX...

I GUESS am  using the right syntax for calling the XSLT servlet .  I made the same change for the third URL .

http://miidev.pemex.com/XMII/Illuminator?Service=IllumXSLTServlet&Action=XMII_IllumXSLTServlet&URL=P...

and I get an error message like "the server name is empty. define a server name "

I appreciate very much your help,  Best regards

NOTE : The reason I am using a URL call is because I am developing for the iphone and want to use only web services .

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error about server name is because it doesn't know what to do - the Service and Action are incorrect in the URL.  There is no such Service.

Does /XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=PPQ/Queries/ExtreaDatosTablaValoresxPeriodosXacute&Content-Type=text/xml  return SAP MII XML format data in Rowsets/Rowset/Row format?

If it does, then omitting the content type would use the default stylesheet of /XMII/Stylesheets/IllumRowsetHTML.xsl and render it as html table data like any other query results you would test from the workbench or applet right click.

Simply testing your xsl with /XMII/CM/PPQ/Styles/TablaValores.xsl would also prove out the second portion of your request.

Make sure the xml coming back from your query template is what you expected - if you're getting a blank screen then your xslt may not be doing anything (or finding the data it expects).

The NW logs should also show you any syntax errors or missing paths (which are case sensitive).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy,

Yes,  /XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=PPQ/Queries/ExtreaDatosTablaValoresxPeriodosXacute&Content-Type=text/xml   returns SAP MII XML format data ,

if I use http://miidev.pemex.com/XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=PPQ/Queries/TablaValoresXacute&Stylesheet=/XM... ,  the call returns XML format data . I guees I am getting close to a final transformation .

Anyway,  I still do not get the data  inside my own HTML table .

I appreciate very much your great help ! Best Regards .

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If going to /XMII/CM/PPQ/Styles/TablaValores.xsl in your browser renders the xsl in the browser, then that serves as a well formed xml test using the browser's parser.

Typically when you try to apply a stylesheet that is invalid you do get xml results (or perhaps the xsl:output in your xsl header is wrong?) and it will give an error something like 'unable to create stylesheet transformation' and just regurgitate the xml query results.  If there is a syntax error or something caught by the xml parsers then I would expect to see at least a hint at the issue in the NW logs.

The good thing about xslt is the power to do whatever you want, but on the negative side it is typically all or nothing and no in between with partial working results or debugging.  When building them it is good to save and test often, not making too many changes.  You can also comment out problem sections to isolate and troubleshoot issues.

Answers (0)