cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Dumping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are facing an issue with adobe forms. We have implemented several scenarios using adobe forms to create and modify master data within a webdynpro application using an interactive adobe form, this adobe gets integrated in the ERP system using workflow functionality.

Since a time we believe we are running onto memory issues, having this application dumping when a huge amount of data is threated (i.e forms with 5-6 pages of information). Once we arrive to the execution of several forms in our system the ADS service gets stuck and dumps, we always get this message till we restart J2EE server:

The following error text was processed in the system ESD : WebDynpro
Exception: ADS call failed SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception:
CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP server replied with status code 500(100.101).

The only way we have found as workaround to fix this is restarting the whole J2EE stack from SMICM tcode, we are not able to get any result restarting AdobeDocumentServices application from J2EE Netweaver Administrator.

We would like to know if there is any place to obtain the proper configuration of the tool, we have been checking the configuration guide but we don't find anything related to memory management neither to only restart of the service. Is there any possibility about configuring the memory assigned to this application? Any expert who could help us?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

I presume this issue was resolved by now.

I am posting this information for the benefit of others as it took some time to discover the issue and resolve it for our Interactive Forms.  I had the identical error following an addition of a second node to our portal.

To resolve our situation we followed the instructions in SAP Note 1143584.

Using NWA I ran across the detailed error for ADS: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Application com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.adobe~FontManagerService with type service, which is not active on the server.

Using Visual Administrator I was unable to start the service. 

I eventually found the path /usr/sap/<SID>/JCxx/j2ee/os_libs/FontManagerService_native.zip and was fortunate enough to have other portals to compare it to as the size value was 0.

The ABAP SE38 test using FP_PDF_TEST_00 and others listed in SAP note 999998 all failed.

Root cause was that the FontMangerService_native.zip file's size was 0 as the bootstrap process did not have enough memory.

Hope this helps others.

Cheers

Dan Mead