cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest me the JDBC receiver structure when we use the stored procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell the structure of Receiver JDBC while using the stored procedure. Can we use the standard receiver jdbc structure or not.

I am using this structure and getting an error in RWB at receiver communication channel. Does any one can help me.

And the error message is -->    Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. ' SX_STP' (structure 'InsertStatement'): java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Invalid XML document format for stored procedure: 'type="<SQL-type>"' attribute is missing for element 'param1' (Setting a SQL-type (e.g. INTEGER, CHAR, DATE etc.) is mandatory !)

MY procedure name is SX_STP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

isInput and Type are attributes but in your case you defined as Element hence you are getting an issue.

check below correct structure.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Sekhar i have changed it to attribute and now it is working fine.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleting my reply, Baskar has already pointed out that structure error.

Message was edited by: Amit Srivastava

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ERROR: Invalid XML document format for stored procedure: 'type="<SQL-type>"' attribute is missing for element 'param1'

Your structure  in the screenshot shows that it's an error.  You created type as an element which is wrong. If you see the help link provided by the above users you will know the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Map the "type" attribute with the sql-data type.

From SAP help:

The attribute type=<SQL-Datatype> , which describes the valid SQL data type, is mandatory for all parameter types (IN, OUT, INOUT).

The following SQL data types are supported: INTEGER, BIT, TINYINT, SMALLINT, BIGINT, FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, CHAR, VARCHAR, STRING, LONGVARCHAR, DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, BINARY, VARBINARY, LONGVARBINARY, BLOB (output only),CLOB (output only).

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Help gives a detailed answer to this question. The expected structure is:

<StatementName5>

<storedProcedureName action=” EXECUTE”>

<table>realStoredProcedureeName</table>

<param1 [isInput=”true”] [isOutput=true] type=SQLDatatype>val1</param1>

</storedProcedureName >

</StatementName5>

Bear in mind that names are strictly dependent on your procedure name and parameters. See more details here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/Helpdata/EN/4d/8c103e05df2e4b95cbcc68fed61705/content.htm

Regards,

Greg

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos