cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Grade the Material on result recording.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP TEAM,

I have a scenario such that we do inspection of rice suppose,in which we inspect 5 to 6 MIC, and for each MIC result we give different grade ,and at final how the system can calculate grade for Rice.

eg In Rice i will going to check different MIC say , Damage Rice,Dust, Foreign matter,Colour etc Know while result recording i will give grade to different MIC like

Damage Rice-      Grade A

,Dust                   Grade B

Foreign matter-     Grade A

Colour                  Grade C

Know on above result recording how the system can give final Grade to Rice, weather is A , B, or C.

what r the steps & sampling procedure will be required to set this parameter.Is it possible in System or what?

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif

In Standars SAP it's not possbible. how the sysem wil do the automatic calculation n the base of Grade given to MICs.

"The best way is that you do result recording as you do.and deicde the Grade of Rice on the basis of Usage Decison."

Well Asif I coudnot undestand why you are giviing result value to MIC as Grade A, B..etc.

"As far as i could understand i belong to FMCG industry then why donot put the values of MICs in %

AS Damg Rice is 20%

Dust is 10 % etch

Manish

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Manish,

Yes,Manish what u say is right, but our client didn't have any std value at present, because they r doing visual inspection for all MIC,that why i prepare a catalog for all MIC and put Grade,eg if Damage grain absent  then A grade.if Under limit them B Grade & Over Limit C grade.Because they didn't reject the material,they just put Grade to their material.At present i am doing the same what u mention in UD only i give the grade,But they want system to do automatic grade.

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

Just a thought, why can't you try with multiple specifications. But i dont know how it will suit your requirement.

The material can be valuated on the basis of multiple specifications and determine the "suitability" of the material, which can subsequently be taken into account when dispatching the material. This suitability helps to determine the specific customer or area.

Please go through the below doc for more details

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2004a166-0a75-2c10-0caf-dc63b76c6...

Regards

Hari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might be a bit of a different spin on it but I think it will work.

you can use the defect weighting to calculate characteristic Q-score which then can be ussed to calculate the inspection lot Q-score.

You would have to experiment with the defects and weightings to get it right but I'm confident this would work.  Once you get the Q-scores to calculate properly from the characterisitcs, you should be able to equate the inspection lot Q-score to the materials grade. The inspection type is set up with a Q-score porcedure (in the material master), as calculate from the characteristic Q-scores, (probably using equal weighting).

So a 90 and above = Grade A

80 -89 = Grade B

70- 79 = Grade C

Below 70 = reject.

you can set up UD code to match this.  Then whoever makes the UD just had to look at the Q-score calculated and select the appropriate UD code, Grade A, Grade B, etc....

You could use the user exit for check UD to verify the right UD code was selected.

FF

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

Will u tell me what r the steps to follow this process,Because at present what i see is after doing the us the Q-Score is update,So how can quality score will be update before UD.Pls Explain.

Asif

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because you have the Q-score being calculated by the UD code.  This is set up in the inspection type settings in the materail master for each inspection type.  There are other options available besides Q-score from UD code.

FF