cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy/Workflow for MB21 Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I know as per Standard SAP it is not possible to have a release strategy/workflow for MB21, but if any of you have come across this requirement where material reservation should be approved by related dept heads before the material is issued for those reservations, please reply back with the possible options to configure release strategy or work flow for MB21 even thru development or any other work around.

Your expertise advises will be very helpful for me to work around this requiremnt.

Thanks in advance, looking forward for your reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

Did you get this done? Could you or anyone who has done it before please share what could be a solution as I am looking for the same development for my client.

Thanks,

Syd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we had this requirement from our client as well.

The development was not done by me, but by my colleague.

What he did was:

1. Create a custom workflow - with the required details.

2. At the end of MB21 - on save - there is one user exit. ( I will confirm the name of user exit)

3. He triggered the custom event created for custom workflow here.

4. He let the reservation be created with the details, once it is about to be committed to database, he created an entry in custom number with related reservation number - "Not Approved".

5. Once the reservation is approved through workflow, the above entry is changed to "Approved"

6. For the next step in process, where reservation is used - above custom table is checked for the status "Approved".

It was working as far as I remember.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chimay, really appreciate your help and please if possible get some more details from your colleage about this development.

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Got it.

1. Use Exit MBCF0007. - This exit is called AFTER the reservation number is generated.

2. He stored the agents in a small custom agent which can be changed directly in production through SM30.

3. Also created a custom object to use in and to trigger workflow in SWO1.

4. He used SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT to trigger the workflow, providing all the details.

5.The workflow can be designed as per user's requirements, and as mentioned above, you can flag a reservation as approved in custom table.

6. Use method STATUS_AND_HEADER of BADI MB_MIGO_BADI to check for approval before the posting of goods to system.

I think that is pretty much it. Let me know if you have doubts about any steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinmay..it is really helpful. Thanks for sharing all the details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please mark the thread as answered if the solution has worked for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

Reservations in SAP is just a logical value, which does not have any impact on any stock type. It would be interesting to know why the business needs approval process for reservations.

Anyways even if you need approval process, what you have to do is develop a custom object, where in when ever the business creates a MB21 reservation, assign a unique number to each reservation number.

As a dept head, the business will run the ZMB21, checks the reservation to which he needs to approve. In the back groud call up the unqiue id assigned and place approve button where in dept head can approve the same.

The authorization to this custom tcode should be given as per your requirement.

Hope this helps

Ilyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohammed, actually the process as is:  user create reservation as per requirement and print that document, get approval from their supervisor, then goes to warehouse then warehouse issue material and keep the printed document which is signed off by requestor and his supervisor, based on that document warehouse do posting of goods issue in system.

Now the requirement is as to be: client want all the approvals to be happen in the system thru workflow and once its approved then warehouse will issue the material and requester will acknowledge thru work flow that he has or has not received the goods.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you have asked same question before and people have given  there suggestions

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3188744

Former Member
0 Kudos

that time I was not clear about the requirement, so I was not able to understand the suggestions, some of the people mentioned about purchase requision release strategy and some talked about MB21.

I am clear now about the requirement and try to post it exactly as per requirement.

Thanks for your time and suggestions Avinash. All contributor's suggestions will help me to reach the solution.

reallly appreciate your help, and sorry I have asked the same question twice.