cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP - bapi mbo synchronization issues (multiple calls to backend)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are doing an iPad apps using SUP. at the ipad, there is a button to synchronize data (download data) from SAP backend, Once the button is tap, it is calling a bapi mbo to grab all the available material list based on the logged in ID. We notice that once we tap on the synchronize button, the mbo is calling the bapi more than once (we write to a log table everytime the bapi is called). By right , the bapi should be only called once when we try to sync form the ipad, but now it is calling multiple times. We also find out that it seems like the mbo is calling the bapi with previous parameter input in the ipad, for example, i sync to get material list for user id A, then later on...i log out as user A and i log in the ipad apps using user id B, then i try to perform a synchronization to download material list based on the user id B. When i perform this sync, i notice in the backend, the mbo is calling the bapi based on user id A for multiple times, then only it call the bapi based on user id B for multiple times.

Anybody can please shed some light here? What are the setting or config that we have missed? We are using on-demand cache group policy.

Appreciate much for any input. Thank you.

Regards,

Joan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

I can share more details on how these develop connecting the iPad with SAP.

In my case I'm developing a cost APP to retrieve information from SAP (cost center and date) to the iPad via webservices, not if it is the best way because I see that your are using BAPI's.

I hope we can share with us information.

Greetings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an issue with multiple MBO's trying to access one after the other using BAPI/RFC with SAP data source.

Here is the scenario

1, Created 2 MBO's

a)CheckPassword - (Input UserId & Password / Output Sy-Subrc). Based on the sy-subrc I need to execute Counts Bapi.

b) Counts - takes UserId as input and execute.

The problem is that I am not able to access one MBO after another MBO, the error message I am getting frequently - ' the starting point 'Client-initiated', which is not server-initiated, is marked as being sent from the server, which is not supported'

Please can any one help me to resolve this type of scenario.

Thanks,

Nagendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Present i m working as a iphone apps developer...so now i wanna connect my iphone app with backend SAP server through SUP...i got sum sample codes from the SCN...by using these i got connected my simulator with SCC...bt i did't get any data from the backend from MBO...i got strucked here...if i click the synchronize  button it shows the error below...

2013-02-14 11:47:53.047 SUP101[643:5a07] onConnectionStatusChanged: status = 105, code = 516, message = Error: 516 Detail: Error sending request to server Native Error: -2 Source: /Users/iotabuilder/svn/Pioneer/MOClients/iPhone/../Common/C/moClient.cpp 1754.

2013-02-14 11:47:53.048 SUP101[643:5a07] =================================================

2013-02-14 11:47:53.362 SUP101[643:5a07] =================================================

2013-02-14 11:47:53.363 SUP101[643:5a07] onConnectionStatusChanged: status = 103, code = 0, message =

2013-02-14 11:47:53.364 SUP101[643:5a07] =================================================

plz help me to make me out from this situation....

Regards,

Ramesh.S,

Associative Consultant,

vCentric Technologies Pvt Ltd,

Hyderabad.

Mob-9951074432.

Hi Jitendra,

Present i m working as a iphone apps developer...so now i wanna connect my iphone app with backend SAP server through SUP...i got sum sample codes from the SCN...by using these i got connected my simulator with SCC...bt i did't get any data from the backend from MBO...i got strucked here...if i click the synchronize  button it shows the error below...

2013-02-14 11:47:53.047 SUP101[643:5a07] onConnectionStatusChanged: status = 105, code = 516, message = Error: 516 Detail: Error sending request to server Native Error: -2 Source: /Users/iotabuilder/svn/Pioneer/MOClients/iPhone/../Common/C/moClient.cpp 1754.

2013-02-14 11:47:53.048 SUP101[643:5a07] =================================================

2013-02-14 11:47:53.362 SUP101[643:5a07] =================================================

2013-02-14 11:47:53.363 SUP101[643:5a07] onConnectionStatusChanged: status = 103, code = 0, message =

2013-02-14 11:47:53.364 SUP101[643:5a07] =================================================

plz help me to make me out from this situation jitendra....

Regards,

Ramesh.S,

Hyderabad.

Mob-9951074432.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

In our situation an earlier SUP server upgrade was succesfully performed, but as it turned out, the workspace upgrade didn't complete succesfully.

Our problems were resolved when both the workspace and SAP run-time were upgraded succesfully to 2.1.3. In our case this also meant rewriting iOS code to make use of RBS in stead of MBS.

NOTE: I understand in the mean time one patch is created by Sybase for a problem which occured on 2.1.3 (had to do with code generation for iOS...) so make sure this is patch is in as well.

Regards,

Hans Romeijn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is you should use sync parameter on MBO to get the data for particular thing and then do like following

//add observer for replay sucess and failure

// sync param

SomeSynchronizationParameters *synParm = [SomeUsers getSynchronizationParameters];

[synParm delete];

[synParm setSyncUser_Name:<user name>];

[synParm save];

while ([SomeDB hasPendingOperations])

[NSThread sleepForTimeInterval:0.2];

after this you will get response in replay success method and then you should call syncronize to get data in syncSuccess method

Hope this will help you

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HelloNot Active Contributor

this is a programming bug. You have done a multiple sync kind of programming.

Kindly check the code at this synchronisation phase.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

I'm experiencing the exact same behaviour in the exact same environment setup. Found a solution yet ?

Regards

Hans Romeijn