Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Exceed problem in transfer posting

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have 3 levels of WBS like L1 for FG Material, L2 for sub-assembly1 and L3 for sub-assembly2 and structure is below

L1  FG

L2  Sub Assy1

L3 Sub Assy2

The requirement for client is like, Subassy2 will be completed, and this becomes feeder material for Sub Assy1 with some other Raw Materials also.

The BOM structure is above and we have our WBS structure configured for above.Budgeting is done appropriately.

When we do transfer posting of feeder from L3 to L2 WBS, we have budget exceeded problem. L3 cost is carried to L2 WBS as we use valuated stock scenario.

The requirement is we need to monitor cost of Sub Assy1 and Sub Assy2 separately. i.e budgeting to be separately for L2 and L3. The current position is L2 is budgeted with Budget of L3+Reqd Budget for L2.

How to go about.

Experts guidance required please. Thanks

Rgds,

AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt get the problem you are facing. When you transfer post a material then the system issues an error that the budget is exceeded-which is indeed a fact and also your requirement as you need to track the budgets separately for all the different WBS elements.

Please let me know in case something has escaped my notice.

Thanks and Regards

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

Yes, as you said the budget exceed is correct. The problem we face is

L3 WBS Budget is 100, the actual cost incurred is say 80

for L2 WBS the budget required is 50, as the expenses in that WBS is only that amount. Due to transfer posting L3 WBS has also to be added to L2 WBS, the budget amount will be 150. Due to this in L2 WBS, we dont have contol on original requirment, as the availability will be 50+20(the saving from L3 WBS). How can we have a check on this availability, because system will be allowing you to book expenses till 70.

Can you please help on this.

Experts advice please, am I getting confused or still some configs are missing. Thanks

Regards