cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrnous SOAP Message Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following scenario: <b>Sys. A -> (SOAP Request) -> XI Java Proxy -> Sys. B</b>

Basically, System A above makes a SOAP Request to XI which in turn passes on the request to System B using a Java Proxy. Now, if the request is successful, then a value of "1" is returned to System A, else a value of "0" is return if the request is unsuccessful.

I stumbled accross this statement "<i>You will use a SYNCHRONOUS MESSAGE INTERFACE to send your REQUEST MESSAGE. SO, the RESPONSE will be sent back to this Message Interface itself</i>."

If its true, please help me understand what else I need to create - besides the Data Type, Message Type, and Message Interface of the Sender System - and how the Mapping is performed in order for the response message to reach the Sender System.

I am really grateful for your response.

Thanks in advance

Reuben.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very many thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Reuben.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need these:

<b>Sender</b>

1) Data Type and Message Type eg: input_DT and input_MT

2) Data type and Message Type for Response : eg: response_DT and <b>response_MT</b>

3) Message Interface (Synchronous) : Specify input_MT and resposne_MT here as the two message types.

<b>Reciever</b>

1) Data Type and Message Type eg: output_DT and output_MT

2) Data type and Message Type for Response :

eg: resp_DT and <b>resp_MT</b>

3) Message Interface (Synchronous) : Specify output_MT and resp_MT here as the two message types.

And you have to do a response mapping between

resp_MT and response_MT

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Very many thanks for your response (really helped clear some confusion). Two things remain:

1). How do I configure the Fault Message Type for both the Sender & Receiver? and,

2). When you say I have to do a response mapping between the Sender and Receiver, do you mean including the normal message mapping, which would therefore mean that there would be 2 message mappings and of course, 1 Interface Mapping?

Best regards,

Reuben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Very many thanks for your response (really helped clear some confusion). Two things remain:

1). How do I configure the Fault Message Type for both the Sender & Receiver? and,

2). When you say I have to do a response mapping between the Sender and Receiver, do you mean including the normal message mapping, which would therefore mean that there would be 2 message mappings and of course, 1 Interface Mapping?

Best regards,

Reuben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fault messages generally used for used for synchronous interfaces.when a proxy is generated from a message interface, an exception class is generated for a fault message type. You use this exception class to handle application errors at runtime.

d/load stefan's example where he uses fault message types:

http://de.geocities.com/stefan_grube/JavaProxyExample.zip

Also a fault message type can only be used with ABAP/Java Proxies. You cannot use it in a file/IDOC scenario. Also a fault message you cannot use Asynchronous communication.

Response Mapping is also just like your normal message mapping only. Once when you select the interface as Synchronous then you will automatically have your response in interface mapping. So it is having 2 message mappings one for request and one for response and one interface mapping.

Go through this weblog for some information on the request and response messages:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

...Satish