cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the configured PI alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our current project,we have configured PI alerts.

the problem is, the alerts in the form of  emails keep coming every one minute.

In the runtime workbench-->alert configuration-->alert rule, if i have unchecked the suppress alerts option,

then the alert emails keep coming every one minute,

During this period,if  any of the messages get failed, then the alert email with subject line "message ID XXXXXXXXXX is not processed" will come.

even if no messages are failed, then the alert emails with "message not processed " keep coming.

if you check the suppress alerts,

no alert emails will be coming even  if the message  is failed.

i want the alert mail to be coming if there is any failure in the messages, but not unnecessary emails.

Please help me as to how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amarnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Check if the channel has any modules configured these may also cause the problem, Also check if the alert has been triggered to the interface where you have suppressed multiple alerts or any other interface.

because some times if you dont give the interface details in your alert rule this might also cause the issue.

Thanks,

Naveen

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

I am facing the same issue as you faced earlier. Can you please share how did you resolve this?

Thanks!

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in NWA logs if there is a scenario which is failing repetitively eg issue with polling a file every 60 seconds etc..

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check "suppers srule" in alert configuration.Then it will trigger only failure until u confirm alert.

If you want all alerts  which are failing different message ID then uncheck "suppress rule" Schedule RSALERTPROC program according to your requirmrnt.

Thanks,

Jayanth

baskaran_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Hope, its not possible to trigger one e-mail for one failed message.

Same issue is discussed in the below thread,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2145975

Regards

Baskaran K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

>>>>>>>the problem is, the alerts in the form of  emails keep coming every one minute.

You need to check , if you are removing all the alert emails one received from your RWB--------->Alert inbox. This might be the reason that u r receiving multiple alerts for the same message.

Once you have investigated error and resolved it, press ‘Complete’ button to remove alert from inbox.

Thanks,

Suji

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

I recently experienced this issue with a JMS Sender channel which had errors due to module configuration. The JMS channel kept on trying to send the message to Messaging System. Due to the incorrect module configuration the message was never marked delivered and there were alerts every minute.

Bottom line is to check your scenario and ensure that the communication channel is not retrying every minute. Also, if you give more information on the scenario and the error that is causing these alerts, it might be easy to find the root cause.