cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account in Sales Invoice posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The requirement is to hit some different account other than that of customer account while posting sales invoice. Is there any standard way of doing it? Could not find relevant search term to even google it..

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binita ,

you can also posting the  Sales revenue a/c to promotional sale a/c for that you need to add new GL a/c as sales promotional a/c

Sales Promotion A/c Dr.

To Stock A/c. Cr.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what my question is Ramesh. Where do i configure a different debit account in SPRO? revenue account determination takes care of just Credit account to be posted.right?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

it depending on for customer master details , you customer master recon location account,

go to xd02 , xd03 , Here enter the customer number , and execute , here check the company code data , re consolation account  , this is for customer account , here which account you assign that g/l account it will come ( debit account ),

when dubble click on customer account , like like above screen selected , account , then below screen its comes , here g/l account comes customer re consolation account

check above screen how to post the customer account for debited

check and conform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for elaborating this so well. I do know how the debit account is determined. We do have the control over the reco account but if you see in your screenshot, the GL which is getting debit entry is that of customer (20300001). I want to change this account. I hope my question is now clear.

thanks,

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could find one workaround that is to change the Payer code as the GL to be posted as debit entry in sales order partner tab. but I was looking for standard way of doing it where I don't have to depend on transaction entry.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

it means you change the payer or bill to party ,

203000001 it for bill to party , it comes for billing document level , what are the bill to party is their it sows at accounting level ,  it is not a g/l account , here comes only at bill to party only ,

so want to change the that bill to party you change at starting level only like sale order level only , this is for stranded  behavior only , author assign the different, billing to party at customer master partner function only ,

normally when you raise the sale order on that time only you fix sp,sh,bp,py , but some times you change the BP , it comes sale order level , then you will change , this only one process

this stranded behavior .

why you change at billing level , what is the purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill to party will remain customer only. it is the payer's account which standard SAP takes as debit account so the only place to control is to change the payer's code. the purpose is, our client does not want any outstanding to be created against customer. instead a separate provisional account or Bank account is posted as debit entry when the sales invoice is created. Later they do the transfer to customer's GL. I was in the impression SAP has a way of configuring this. and confirming this was the only purpose to create this thread.

Thanks,

Binita

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binita,

please check this thread we have done the similar kind of thinks for FOC sales

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3183637

You can use accrual functionality to fulfill your client requirement.Pl refer the following screen shots of config.

Requirement

Dr  FOC  Goods Expense—G/L code X

To    FOC sales------- G/L code Y

Hope it will help u out

Regards

Ramesh