cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample size for lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frnz..

i have one problem in sample size calculation for lot.

initially in inspection plan of one material contains 6 characteristics and individually assigned sample procedure for each.characteristics and lot size calculation also correct( lot size was largest individual size of characteristics assigned). after one month i have deleted two characteristics and now the sample size of lot is not get calculated.but characteristics sample size is calculated correctly. ie overall lot sample size is not displayed in the qa33 report. pls help me ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check following possibilities :

1.MIC's have "optional" indicator in MIC

2. Inspection lot have status "Skip"

3.Check whether QM view -->inspection type has any sampling procedure or any sample relevant indicator assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sujit

ya i too corrected the same what u mentioned in 1. but by the method of trail and error i corrected.

bcoz i think that,

optional characteristics not consider for the calculations of  the sample size only the lot is skip or plan assigned with dynamic modification at characteristics level.but in my scenario the both ware not the case.

how ?? whether my understanding is wrong?? can u pls explain ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you rephrase your question ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I re quote what I have understood.

1. In QA32 layout the sample size column has no value. You want this to reflect with sample size
  2. At the same time when you go to record results, under Inspect column you find sample size

If I have understood this correctly, I simulated few cases when such situation comes.

1. When I ticked all MICs as optional characteristics, the sample size in QA32 was blank
  2. When at least one of the MICs has required characteristic indicator ticked, system calculated sample size and which could be visible in QA32 layout

I also noticed that fixed scope or any any other indicators have no impact on this except required /optional.

It could be feasible that the characteristics which you deleted were might be ticked with reqd indicator. I would prefer to check these indicators in QP02 for all MICs rather than in QS23 or QS24.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Message was edited by: Anand Rao

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please ensure the control indicators of MICs include tick on required characteristic option. You may verify this in QP02 also.

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anand..

thanks... verified the plan. control indicators assigned was correct only.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meena,

Pls check the sampling procedure & MIC in inspection Plan.or make new inspection plan for the material and check.

Regards,

Asif