cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up multiple inspection plans for one product and assign to different customer.

danny_loo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My user is looking for ways to set up more than one inspection plan for one product and assign to different customer.

The reason is now they have different specification require from customer for the same product, so sales want to specify it in the SAP.

Is there any ways that the customer code can be related to the inspection plan and COA?

Thank you for any of your advices.

Best Regards,

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny

As far as i understood you requimennt, you wnat that same material is checked with different specification according to the customer. Am i right?

"Hey you can do the assignemnt of customer code/vendor code in tasklist header. It will solve your problem"

Make Plan for Material X and group conunter 1, 2 and 3 ...so on with same tasklist and usage and assigne the inpspectin chars accordig to the customer specification . and assgin those counter/tasklist to customer and vendor in "Material Assignment" tab in header of the tasklist.

Manish

danny_loo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit and Manish,

Thank you very much for your advices.

Currently I'm checking if i have the authorization to do the customization for the "multuiple specification".

And yes Manish, you're correct.

I'll look into your suggestion and feedback to you on my findings.

Best Regards,

Danny

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the customer assignment field in the inspection plan assignmnets is primarily for inspection type 10, possibly , 11 & 12.  These are typically the only inspection types that contain a customer number in the inspection lot.

FF

danny_loo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manesh,

I tried the assignment of tasklist in the inspection plan material assignment tab but i can only assign to vendor code but unable to assign to customer code.

Is there any other ways i could link inspection plans to customer codes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Explore CWBQM t code for the same.through this t code you can ssisgn vendor in inspection plan header( in  material assignement )

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection plans can only be assigned to customer for insepction types 10.  It is done in QP02. Click on the materail assignment button.  The customer field is to the far right, not quite at the end. It is easily missed because of the scroll bar behavior due to the size of the first NAME field. and the limted size of the window. But it is there.

Again, this only is for inspection type 10's or maybe 11& 12 but i haven't worked with those.

What some folks do is create multiple plans and assign them all to the material.  Then they have to manually pick the proper plan for the lot in QA02 when they go to record results.  This is a manual process and the person needs to somehow know who the material is for.

FF

danny_loo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fire fighter,

Thanks for the tip!

I'll try it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I have two different inspection plans for same material with same material code.

We are receiving material from outside with quality type (01) & same material we are producing in house with quality type (04).

For 01 i have different inspection plan & for (04) i have different inspection plan.

I have to assign both inspection plans in same material so that in qa32 for inspection i could get 1st inspection plan for (01) & 2nd inspection plan for (04) automatically.

I don't know configuration part in sap bcz i am working as a core team member for qm module since 9 months.

Is there any easy way to assign these inspection plans for same material.

If somebody is aware about this plz help me by giving step by step solution .....

Note :- I have authorization for QP01,02 & cwbqm, i can't make changes at configuration level as i am new in sap.

0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

If the requirement is to have 2 different IP plan. You have 2 options.

Semi automiatc: Which does not need any configuration changes. Users needs to manually select the IP plan once the GR is done in QA02.

Steps to be followed.

1) Activate inspection type and "04" and "01". Select preferred inpsection type check box 

2) Create separate IP plan for GR against Purcase order and Production.

3) At the time of GR inspection lots will be created with status as "CRTD", as both inspection types have task list usage as "5". System wont be able to selelct the right IP plan

4) Users needs to select IP plan manually in QA02.

Automatic:

Since both GR against Pu Order and Production has same IP Plan usage 5. System will not be able to select the correct IP Plan at the time of I lot creation.

You can do the below

1) Create a new IP plan usage using below config node

Quality Management --> Quality Planning --> Inspection Planning --> Define Task List Usages Copy of Usage 5

2) Copy 01 Inspection type and update new task list usage created in step 1

Quality Management --> Quality Inspection --> Inspection Lot Creation

--> Maintain Inspection Types

3) Maintain link between Inspection type and origin

Quality Management --> Quality Inspection --> Inspection Lot Creation

--> Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types

4) Activate inspection type and "04" and New one created in step 2. Select preferred inpsection type check box

5) Create separate IP plan for GR against Purcase order and Production.

With regards

Sudheendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudheendra,

Actually i want to know how to put two different inspection plans in sap system for same material bcz in qp01 we can put only single task list against usage in inspection plan Header details. i.e :- 1           ( Production ) & 5 ( goods Receipt ).

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not hijack old, close threads.  Create a new thread and reference the older thread if need be.  This is also a fairly basic question that could have probably been solved with a little bit of reserch.

Thread is  locked.

Moderator..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

AS you said you have different inspection plan and different specification for same product. And i think here in your case customer code is also single. Means only one customer.?

If single customer , single product with different specification then system definitely confused to select the appropriate inspection plan according to requirement.

You can customize the usage of task list but i dnt think so it solve the purposes bcoz there is no unique key where system identified that this grp counter belongs to particular requirement by customer.

You need to identify some unique key and customize the requirement as per your business.

Define one Z- table where you put the material +customer+ tasklist grp counter combination+ Unique key(which is common in sale order or in prodn order w.r.t grn and in Inspection plan) and then use FM to pick the correct plan from table MAPL and PLKO.

In stdn no possibilty but customization will help you. In std. single inspection plan  with different specification for different customer , vendor and country is possible.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much  Mr. Shailendra ....

Actually my solution was different different group counter for different different usage.

Now i got solution for the same .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there any way to get list of number of materials without any inspection type.

I want to activate inspection type in mass instead of one by one in MM02.

I am getting list of material without inspection type in QA08 but here system is showing only those material for which i have put tick in inspection type but i have not activated.

I want list of all material for which even i have not put tick in inspection type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just use SQuery and develop your own reports by using QMAT and MARC tables. Or do one thing just run MARC table where QAMTV field needs to check , if this field is X that means inspection set up is present in materials.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is std provision in SAP Called "Multiple specification"

check the inspection type-->multiple specs tick.

Create a task list & activate multiple specs prerequisite through CWBQM

Refer thread :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2004a166-0a75-2c10-0caf-dc63b76c6...