cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOE’s Attachment Capability +SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expert

is there any possibility that use DOE’s Attachment Capability in SUP+DOE. I tried use it in sup 1.5.5 because SUP has attach capabilities too, but not work.

May be in SUP 2.1 this work. Anybody know ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of now with SUP+DOE architecture, attachments can be supported in two ways:

- Inline attachment: In this case, when DOE distributes message to SUP->Device, attachment content will be embedded in actual message. You need to configure parameter ENABLE_INLINE_ATTACHMENT in Gateway parameter configuration.

- Out-of band attachment: This is not supported out-of the box. But there is a workaround to simulate this scenario which is efficient than previous approach as this will download only those attachments which are of interest to device user and it is based on user's request.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siva

how do i implement the first approach ? do i need use attachment function in doe ?.

In the second can you explain the steps for workaround ?

Thanks my guru.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the first option, yes. You need to implement DOE attachment functionality and then set the ENABLE_INLINE_ATTACHMENT paramater to X. So, that same functionality can be extended to SUP+DOE.

For the second option,

- Create data object (DO1) without attachment content (Only details of attachment should be available as a child node)

- Create another data object (DO2) with attachment content

- Create another data object (DO3) which will store the relation between DO1 & DO2.

Now we need to create dependency between DO1 & DO3 and DO3 & DO2 and there should be distribution rule on DO1 object.

So, by default DO1 & DO2 data will be loaded from backend to DOE. DO3 data will be created by device whenever user wants to download the data. In that case, dependencies will be executed and attachment data will be distributed to device.

If you didn't get the second option, please let me know.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (0)