cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in changing Calculation Key or Person Assignment for Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to define one of the activities as Excavation with Work Qty as 5000 M3 with duration as 500 HRS.

However, when I try to assign the persons to this activity under the tab "Person Assignment", I am getting the erorr as below:-

Enter a time unit, since you have entered either work or actual work
Message no. CN809

I get this error even if I try to change the Calculation Key to "Calculate Duration" or "Calculate Work".

Becuase of this, I ma not able to do CMP2.

Regards,

SAP_ROI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This can be achieved by using the Activity Element below the Activity.

i.e. Main Activity Excavation would be in M3 as usual while there would be Activity Element called "Resource Hours" below this activity which would be in Hrs.

Resources (Manpower0 would be allocated against this activity.

Regards,

ROI_SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you mean to say work and UoM maintained at activity element? In that case at acivity level no work is maintained and left as blank.

What was the UoM maintained in WC level, is it M3 or hrs?

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

I too have been facing the same issue.Can you please elaborate if the UOM maintained in Work Centre is M3 or day/hr(time)?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

M3 is not unit for work hence you are getting that error. Is excavation internal work? If yes, find out equivalent work in time units (eg HRS, DAYS) and enter in activity.

If its external work,you can create external or service activity and enter work as it is in 'M3' units.

For internal activity, you cant use M3 as time unit. System behavior is correct.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shrikant,

Excavation Activity is planned, executed, measured, confirmed and billed in M3.

Customer would be charged based on M3 Rate. Hence activity confirmation would be in M3.

Crew which works on this activity would report time in Hrs.

Hence, there should be a facility to key in X Hrs against Z M3 Qty as a standard rate.

If that becomes possible then Calculation Key options of "Calculate Duration" or "Calculate Work" would work.

Regards,

ROI_SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already Shrikant pointed out clearly use Service activity and bill to Client in whatever the units proposed in your billing document.

You must be using internal activity which is suppose to use for internal allocation which was assigned with Work center and activity type.

When you maintain planned hours against field Work which would be valuated by Activity type which was assigned to Work Center thus seeing total planned cost on that internal activity.

So it would be better to have Service activity and execute and bill to customer.

Regards,

Sudhakar