SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation Rule for Budget Structure

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I am defining derivation rule for Budget Structure. Until now i was using standard derivation rule for deriving FM addresses, now i am thinking about building my own rule. There are posting addresses for fund center and commitment item e.g there are actual postings against multiple funds centres/commitment items (e.g. fund centre/commitment item A/1111, B/1111 and C/1111) but the budget has been entered and should be checked against a summary fund centre/commitment item (fund centre/commitment item D/1111),. I have created posting addresses  for fund centre/commitment item A/1111, B/1111 and C/1111 and a budget address has also been created for fund centre/commitment item D/1111. I want user to enter budgets in the system against A/1111, B/1111 or C/1111 and would not be able to post actuals against D/1111. How can i map this requirment in derivation rule. Is this possible.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Yes, it's possible. You define a rule with source fund centre and commitment item, and target - the same. Then, you fill the table:

A     1111     =     D     1111

etc.

There is contradiction in your description: first you say that actual postings are on A, B, C and then you say that you want users to enter budget there. If I read you correcrlty, the budget should be on D and the postings on A, B and C.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Yes, it's possible. You define a rule with source fund centre and commitment item, and target - the same. Then, you fill the table:

A     1111     =     D     1111

etc.

There is contradiction in your description: first you say that actual postings are on A, B, C and then you say that you want users to enter budget there. If I read you correcrlty, the budget should be on D and the postings on A, B and C.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi:

Yes Eli you are right. I stated it wrongly , thanks i did it using FMSDERIBO