cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate excisable and nonexcisable items in order

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client sells both excisable and non excisable goods. We have two sales order types

excisable order and non excisable order. The issue is that same user is entering both items

and by mistake he will enter the excisable goods in non excisable order and vice versa.

How can i restrict it?

Thanks

Div

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Divya

For this you can go for an exit. the logic for the development can be

Assign an indicator as excisable and non excisable in tax classification in

material master.

now check for the indicator in USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP in the program MV45AFZZ.

Hope this will serve your purpose.

Regards

Harish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to create a simple Z table with 2 columns, matnr and sales order type? At the order entry, the system can check allowable materials against the sales order type during item entry.

Would still go for user discipline or approval through status profile to make sure that the order entry is checked properly. Another option is to have pricing based on order type and make sure that only relevant materials pricing is done with respect to the order type. If the pricing (hope its not manual) is missing, the user will contact the master data team who can confirm that the material cannot be used with this order type.

Regards,

AHD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The users are really ignorant and they are really making a mess of having both excisable and non excisable items in an order. There is a long list of excisable spare parts and non excisable spare parts and thus its not easy to educate them also. Thats why I am thinking of a validation. any inputs?

Div

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure, for excisable and non-excisable, chapter id would have been different.  In such cases, you cannot control have control in sale order via standard configuration but in billing, you can control in such a way that if you assign the routine 351 in VTFL, then invoice will get split based on Chapter ID.

If you still want to have a control in sale order itself, then try with any of the following user exits:-

• USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in the program MV45AFZB
  • USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT in the program MV45AFZZ

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My earlier suggest was to use Material listing functionality. It is standard configuration. Why don't you use it?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same user is entering both items

and by mistake he will enter the excisable goods in non excisable order and vice versa.

How can i restrict it?

Only through user discipline, this can be controlled.  If for each and every such users' ignorance, if you start implementing user exit, system performance will deteriorate.  Hence, educate users how and what materials are entered in the respective document type.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material listing functionality can be used.

E.g. Material list has 3 MMRs:

M-1

M-2

M-3

When user creates a sales order with a MMR not included in the above list (e.g. M-5), the system shall not allow it.

Have two material lists, one for each sales document type.