SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funded Program Activation For AUC Assets IO

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I want to make use of Funded program for assets under constructions.I will be creating Internal orders for funded programs on 1:1 basis. I have activated budget address check in system. Now issue is there are already some budget and posting addressed in my budget structure which do not need funded programs so i created them accordingly. Now when i try to create posting address using FC/CI/FP , system does not let me save it says enter funded program for all other already created posting addresses. How can i overcome this issue?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

Aside from the technical issues, why do you want to use Funded Program for AUC? The reason I am asking this question is because AUC is in the area of capital budgeting and spending while Funded Program is usually used to track a program with operational purpose (for example, issuing food stamps).

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Did you marked funded program as 'blank' value allowed in the customization?

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Did oyu think of using CO budgeting instead?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

I have no idea of CO budgeting , i need to explore it as well. However my prime focus is to route this scenario through FM-BCS. Yes i marked it "Allow blank value" but still when i enter funded program for AUC asset GL in FMBSPO it gives error saying to update Funded program for all other records which does not need this account assignment. It does not give error at the time of creating budget address in FMBSBO..Please guide.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Again, if the element was activated after some addresses are created, it could cause some trouble. Without looking at your system and the tables, I wouldn't know what to tell you.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. What are internal orders in your case? Is their budget general per order or it's also managed by G/L (commitment item)?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

IO will be created for every Asset under construction created and so is funded program for them. Yes there are around 200 posting addresses already created , 20 or 30 of them have posting in them, rest do not have any postings.. I am facing the same issue if i activate funds account assignment , system requires me to enter funds in all already creates posting address. I followed the OSS note guide to modify contents of program RFFMKU_DEL_DATA, it let me delete budgeted postings figures and its consumption figure only...It did not delete BS...

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's I/O for assets, then it definitely should be left for CO budgeting: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/a9/ab7530414111d182b10000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

As for budget structure, the deletion is done via FMBSBO_DEL and FMBSPO_DEL transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

Aside from the technical issues, why do you want to use Funded Program for AUC? The reason I am asking this question is because AUC is in the area of capital budgeting and spending while Funded Program is usually used to track a program with operational purpose (for example, issuing food stamps).

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi:

I had a discussion with client regarding this. According to them if they are going to build any asset e.g Building , they get funding from various sources , so they call it as Funded program for capital work in progress. Do you have any other alternative for this other than using CO for budgeting.

Regards

0 Kudos

CO budget is your answer. Of course, technically, you can manage it in FM by using whatever available object, even fund centre, but the most obvious solution is CO.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use Fund instead of Funded Program. Operationally, you can certainly use CO budgeting. But you still need to copy this part of budget into FM. Just think about it, management needs a single place to report on organizational wise budget (and commitment / actuals). It should be either from FM or BI/BusinessObject.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi:

You are right in saying so.

Thanks

0 Kudos

I wouldn't concur with Ming; there is no need in putting this budget in FM. As for reporting, it should be funcitonal and not necessary originating from one source.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Its ok i have two experts options now, i will present them to stakeholder , now its up to them which one to use .

Regards

0 Kudos

Sorry, your client is right. It should be Funded Program:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/74/35160eea86034aa4166151005e1a93/frameset.htm

One more point, if programs are funded by multiple funds, then you also need Fund.