cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom screen popup in SRM 7.0 using FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to call a popup (custom view) whenever an approve button is clicked..When the popup appears, the approve event shud not complete...

Rather it shud hold until I am done with my actions in the popup screen and based on the action submit, the approve event shud continue...

The custom view has some questions with radio button for choosing yes/no..2 buttons submit and cancel...This is required for SRM shopping cart, PO and Contract...

Please tell me how to achieve this...Where do I have to write the code or how to configure it...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

I have similar requirement on clicking of order button in Shopping cart.Could you please tell me how you have acheived your requirement?

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should read FPM developers guide.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33051

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this requirement you will have to add a new VIEW & WINDOW as an enhancement  and then on the click of a button call this VIEW as a popup.

In the View you can add buttons SUBMIT and CANCEL and write code in it based on your requirement.

in CANCEL button action just

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have same requirement like i need to generate a pop up on pressing the ORDER button.

There is a view available after i checked the component configuration of this FPM. Is this the view i need to enhance so that i can add the  button and corresponding action handlers.

But which event will link the ORDER and view action handler?

If ORDER is of webdynpro button then ONACTION ORDER will take care , but it is FPM button .

How to link this event to the method in the view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If the Button is FPM button then that button will have a event ID associated to it in FPM configuration.

You can write your code in the Process_Event of the webdynpro Component  COMPPONENTCONTROLLER.

In the PROCESS EVENT method just write a condition

IF IO_EVENT->MV_EVENT_ID = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX '.

ENDIF.

here above 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' is the event ID of the button in FPM, write what ever code you want to write in between that IF and ENDIF.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Phani,

Thanks alot for the help.

I have implemented the above logic.

1) Created a view  V1 and added that to new window.

2) A button B1 in view V1 created ONACTIONB1.

3) This view is pop up if i press ORDER button in shopping cart.

4) I have to save some values in the shopping cart if i press the action button B1 in view V1.

I am getting this view as POP up.But ONACTIONB1 is not triggered if i press B1 in view V1.

Any help is appreciated.

I have done above things as enhancement in standard webdynpro component related to FPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Everything seems to be perfectly fine what you did, could you just logout totally and try to relogin and see if it works, SAP does behave wierdly some times.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Can u help me in getting the shopping cart details in this FPM component.

I have to save cost assignment details through BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES.I need input for this FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srm,

Surely I will try to help you  but could you please make me to understand your requirement in little detail.

Thx

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Even I have a similar requirement.On clicking of SC Order FPM butto,I should show a custom popup wherein the user has to answer few Yes or No questions,based on that i need to order the shopping cart by clicking the order button in the custom popup.Could you please tell me how you have implemented this?Because when i checked the Process_event method of the component controller of "/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_OIF_CA",it is empty.No code is inside this method.where can i see the code for standard functionality of Order button?Please help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

You are saying no code in process event.Yes,  but you have to write in POST_EXIT method of process_event.

If you create enhancement, you can add code in POST_EXIT method.There will be no standard code.

Process_event method is in component controller.So to trigger a pop up you need view controller method.

You can connect these two by using fire_button_evt. Here button is event name ( you can give your desired name ).  

After triggering this event in viw controller you can handle this by creating an event handler method.

Here Gen_popup ( This must be event handler method and u need to give event name for this method ).

You need to register event in events ( tab ) of component controller.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.For the custom popup,i need to create a view and a window.Please confirm me Whether I need to create this view by enhancing the standard web dynpro component "/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_OIF_CA" and then in the post exit method of process_event,i need to call this popup for the event id "Order".

Thanks,

Rohini