cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Control, Copying Text control from Customer master to sales Document Item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I've maintained some text at the General tab level, Customer master data.  Did all the config for it to be copied to the sales order at item level. but when I type the text for a certain customer and try to see if it will appear on the sales order at the item level it's not showing up. I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong on the config side. when I go to analysis it says no text found.

These are the steps I've followed: VOTXN-- Customer------- Central Texts----------Created the Text ID..

Then at the sales document --- Item level Created the same text ID.. then did the access sequence for it. source was KNA1.

If needed I could provide more details or screen shot. Please help. Points will be awarded if helpful or right answer.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to VOTXN , here select your tax procedure and click on tax id text procedure, here sequence wise and text id you maintain the tax obligate field you maintain the  text will displayed during copying -y , select this then you will check , like below screen

customer text will come only at header level only , not for item level , item level text it come material text ,

please check this and cofm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you help I was missing a partner function (SH) once I added that to the sequence. the text started flowing for the customer master.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please remember if you copy text from a customer table (e.g. KNA1, KNB1, KNVV), then in access sequence (in the access) Partner function has to be given.

Without partner function (SP, SH etc.) system cannot "identify" what is the source of the text. Thus system cannot extract the text and populate in the target destination (e.g. sales order)

This is not the case if source is the previous document (e.g. VBBK), where without extra information (i.e. partner function) the source can be identified with Text object (VBBK) and text id (0001) for ex.

Message was edited by: T W

Answers (0)