Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Layout Cannot Bind to Newly-Created Customer Include Field

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our table LIKP includes a customer append structure. The customer append structure contains an .INCLUDE structure to which I've added a new customer field, ZZFIELD. The included structures and table LIKP are all activated with no error. In my view's context, I have created a node, DELIVERY_HEADER, defined as using dictionary structure LIKP, and I have added a new attribute to DELIVERY_HEADER for ZZFIELD  using the node's "Add Attribute from Structure" wizard.

In my view's layout, when I try to bind a UI element's value to the context attribute DELIVERY_HEADER-ZZFIELD, I receive the following error message:

Type LIKP-ZZFIELD of context element DELIVERY_HEADER.ZZFIELD in view MYVIEW does not exist.

I have tried saving and activating the entire Web Dynpro Component before attempting to bind the UI element, but I get the same error. I'm guessing there must be some other step I need to do to table LIKP so that the newly added customer field can be seen by Web Dynrpo ABAP. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the solution turned out to be: Restart the SAPgui. Once I logged out of the SAPgui and logged back in, the new LIKP field was suddenly visible to the Web Dynpro Component. I have noticed sometimes WDA gets out of sync with itself and benefits from logging out and back in again.

esti1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for this.   After all these years in the I.T. Industry I still need someone to tell me to "turn it off and on again". 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be you can try to adjust the database table using the TCODE SE14.

Thx

Phani

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Good suggestion, but no, that didn't resolve the error. To be sure, after adjusting the table via SE14 I removed ZZFIELD from the view layout and context, activated the whole Web Dynpro Component, then added ZZFIELD back to the DELIVERY_HEADER context node, but the same error occurs.

Cheers.