cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Sections / Links in My Home portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to hide some links or entire sections in the My Home portal.

I would like to make the portal more streamlined, and visually hide linkes (such as My iELCs) to limit confusion.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

The visibility of the menu items can be controlled by making the changes in view cluster GRFNVC_ITEMAUTH .

But once a new SP is installed all the changes will be overwritten.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Silky.

Is there a way to hide links for only certain users? A coworker informed me how to make the changes, but they apply to everyone, and not to only select users.

Going through the cluster that you mentioned above - does it allow for hiding for only certain users/roles or everyone in the system?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A coworker has informed me that you can right click over an element in the portal, that you can individually hide links, titles, and other objects...

But we noticed that this only applies to the user that is hiding them.

Is there a way to expand these link hiding to other users? Or is this method of hiding links only applicable to the current user?

Thank you.

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

This way of hiding applies to only user who is hiding it. You need to do this for relevant users accordingly. Once these are hidden, its quite a long process to make them visible again.

But its always recommended to limit the access to workcenters with roles.

regards,

Rajeshwari

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayorline,

As you said this option is user spcific ie valid only to the user who hide it.

Moreover the option is not that fruitful as the person can himself hide the links and then unhide which is not a good option with respect to security  .

As of now hiding the link centrally is known as I suggested earlier.Otherwise you can restrict the users not to make use of the options by restricting at the role level.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi  Mayorline,

A good approch would be confining the authorization access.

The security guide will be quite useful in this case.

Regards,

Saksham Minocha