cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelled with errors messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I was restarting my system and deactivated all communication channels. When the system came back the receiver channel was still inactive. I found that there a number of messages in SXMB_MONI and RWB that were in system error and Restart not possible in MONI.

In the RWB i saw the message below and all messages were cancelled with errors in PI due to receiver channel being inactive.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: configuration exception caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.config.RfcChannelInactiveException: channel has status inactive

I need to resend these messages to the target sap system . I have activated the channel now but cannot resend these beacause of the above cancelled with error status.

Can you please advice how i can resend them? Please advice.

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to check this thread. BTW, if your messages are sync, you cannot do it for sure.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1449623. I concur with Amit's reply. He is right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar. I understand we cannot resend them. I am trying to understand at first place why did it get cancelled with error ?

Just because a receiving channel was inactive if messages start getting cancelled then its not a good thing.

I am wondering if there is any setting to increase the persist time. Any thoughts ?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you manually cancel the messages then nonly it goes to terminated with error status but in your case really strange.

Why dont you raise OSS Note to know the trick to processed these kind of messages.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the suggestion given in the link provided by my eariler reply. Share your findings over here.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open integration directory and change RFC adapter status to active,is still showing inactive

RWB--->Adapter Engine---->Communication channel monitoring----->select your adapter and start it.

Above two option did nt work then restart your adapter service in NWA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have already activated the RFC adapter . The channels are active now. The issue is with the messages that were cancelled by the system . Usually messages go in "System Error" Status. This time it was cancelled with errors automatically.

Will restarting the adapter help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> but cannot resend these beacause of the above cancelled with error status. 

AFAIK, you cannot restart "cancelled messages"

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. If we cannot restart cancelled messages then at first place it should not have been cancelled when the receiver channel was inactive but rather it should have been in "System Error" Status.

I wonder if there is some setting where it does not automatically cancel the messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess u have some jobs scheduled to cancel failed messages?? Please check.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see any jobs to cancel messages automatically.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you restart them from MessagagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Is this at OS level ? At the first place i would have expected them to fail in the RWB at adapter level as "System Error" and not Cancelled with Error.

Thank you,

Teresa

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, not OS level:

host:port/MessagagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am not able to open it.

Error: The requested

resource /MessagagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp is not available

Troubleshooting Guide https://sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/JSTS/Home

Details: File [MessagagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp] not found in application root of alias [/] of Java EE application [sap.com/com.sap.engine.docs.examples].