Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location in Item Basic data

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are upgrading SMR 5.0 to SRM 7.01. When created a shopping cart user can set the default values in Set Values. In Item basic data area however the storage location is greyed out and cannot be changed. Can anybody let me know how we can make the storage location changeable in default values ?

Thanks

AS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Greyed out as in the below screenshot:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AS,

Thank you for providing screen shot.So if i understood your initial question correctly, whenever user click on Storage location drop down menu they do not see any thing or they see value of storage location associated with that Plant?  Please clarify the same.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a standard behavior.

Depending on the location/plant selected through F4 option you see the storage locations available (in ECC system for the plant) through F4 option.

I do not understand the need of manually entering storage location with the field in edit mode as storage locations are always linked to the plant.

With Regards,

malay

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Malay,

It is not about manually entering a storage location. it is about choosing another storage location then the default one. Through F4 I can see the list but it's not picked up. The default disappears and the field is greyed out.

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

They do see the values (the storage locations) assigned to the plant. However, when we choose one the value isn't picked up. The default disappers and the field looks greyed out.

Kind regards,

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AS,

Please check if Note 1466763 - Storage location not filled in Change personal settings is applied in your system. It explain the same situation what you are facing.

Also just an FYI, Can you please see even if Default values when user select another storage location it grey out but when you go in Line item detail that particular storage location which is selected in default settings do appear.

Thank you

Ritesh

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

The note is the correct one thanks for your support!

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AS,

Please do provide update after applying note.

Thank you

Ritesh

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

After applying the note the newly choosen storage location is picked up in the field Storage Location in the default settings.

THanks for your help.

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please recheck whether plant and storage locations are maintained in the extended attribute of the user in PPOMA_BBP.

If no value maintained I think the option will be greyed out in Set Values.

With Regards,

Malay

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I didn't see this issue yet, but you can check the following note. Perhaps one of them is relevant.

Regards,

Ricardo

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

The issue is that users cannot change the storage location in Set values when creating a shopping cart. The storage location defaults from the extended attributs in PPOMA_BBP but user must be able to choose another storage location. If users cannot do that in Set Values in the Item basic data they area then they need to that for every line item in the shopping cart.

I am thus, trying to figure out why the storge location is greyed out there.

Kind regards and thanks so far Ricardo

Kloud_Nilesh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls check if more than 1 storage location exists in PPOMA_BBP for user in extended attrubutes tab.

-Nilesh

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes we do have more one storage location assigned to the users in different plants!

Any solutions ?

AS

former_member272779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello can anybody help ?

Thanks AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AS,

Are you referring to Grey out as below screen shot?

Please advise.

Thank you

Ritesh